Limiting Products to one category

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I have set the product category limit to 1 for my membership capability as I only want vendors to add products to a single category.
      This works really well

When a vendor selects a category the checkbox is ticked if they then select another category and try tick select it, they cant until the first one is unticked, this is how it works now

would it be possible to change this to
      untick the previously selected category automatically when selecting another category?

hope this makes sense

Steve

Craig
      Participant

I would suggest that the system not let you select past the limit at all and display a warning that “max categories selected. Please un-select other to make room for new ones”

otherwise you are going to get people selecting and selecting and not realizing they are overwriting (deleting) the previous selection especially if those previous selections are no longer visible because the list is long and can’t be viewed in the smaller window.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Craig,

I’m not sure I understand.

I plan and indeed will inform vendors that they can only publish products into one category, it just makes the workflow simpler I think as it cuts down the amount of clicking required

Steve

Craig
      Participant

what I mean is that instead of automatically removing the last picked category it might be better that the user needs to “un-check it” before they can recheck a new one.
      If you have lots of categories this would be recommended because the vendor gets that last chance to confirm that they are making the right decision by “un-checking” their previous selection and then selecting a new one.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Craig

Yeah I did think about that before I raised the forum post, but for our workflow it suits to be honest

We won’t have many categories and to me it’s more logical if you can only post into one category the last one you select is the one it will go in.

I’m fine with that, and we plan to fully document this for our vendors. To me at least I think it’s a better fit for my site

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please go to WCFM Capability setting and set “Product Categories Limit” to 1 – https://ibb.co/ZTcFvmh

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

I have set the limit to 1 already

My question is

Is it possible to deselect the first category if a vendor selects a second?

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Is it possible to deselect the first category if a vendor selects a second?

– Will add this tweak in next update.

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

That will be fab

Many thanks
      Steve

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.