Local pickup instead of delivery?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      MLSystems
      Participant

Can this plugin be tweaked so that it allows local pickup instead of delivery? I need it for restaurants that accept orders for local pickup only (With time slots, etc). Thank you,

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Thanks for getting in touch with us!
      WCFM Delivery addon supports delivery timeslot feature. Read more about this here- https://docs.wclovers.com/delivery-time/
      Thank You!

MLSystems
      Participant

Hi and thanks for the answer.
      But I was asking if it’s possible to replace “DELIVERY” for “LOCAL PICK-UP” in the plugin. Our vendor doesn’t accept delivery to clients; only pick up orders at his restaurant.
      Thanks again!

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      For that your vendor needs to add Local pickup shipping method enabled under their shipping zone settings. Also they will need to enable Delivery Time option under Settings >> Delivery Times tab.
      So now when a customer place an order he will see all the order related information including the delivery time slot like this- https://imgur.com/5XHHty6
      And vendor can see those details in their order list page like this- https://imgur.com/TWSoqGU
      Thank You!

Craig
      Participant

@Sushobhan is there a way that the title of the time slots can equal the title of the shipping method selected?

If local delivery is selection then the title of the time slots is “Delivery time”
      If pick-up is selected then the title of the time slots is “Pick up time”

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      MLSystems
      Participant

Any news about this? Thanks,

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      What if there are two vendor’s product and two of them uses different shipping methods? Choosing any of them will add more confusion to the customer.
      Though, you can always change the text Delivery Time(s) to a more appropriate one as per your business model using Loco Translate.
      Thank You!

MLSystems
      Participant

In my case multivendor checkout is disabled, so that won’t be a problem. The solution of changing the translation can be useful for me… until some of my vendors want to offer both possibilities: delivery and local pickup. Please take it into consideration as a future improvement. Thanks for your help!

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I told you the problem with this approach. We need to use some generic heading which will be applicable irrespective of the shipping method. otherwise, it will create confusion if the user cart contains products from multiple vendors and those vendors offer different shipping methods.
      So, case to case customization is okay, but we could not apply it in general.
      Thank you!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.