Managers Capabilities

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hello,

I am trying to add managers with specific access only,

My first manager I’m trying to add is [Orders Manager] or [Orders Department], Their capabilities should be dealing with orders only and view vendors / withdraws.

Now the problem I am facing is :-

1- I want to show vendors but without the ability to edit them. (I couldn’t do that)
      2- I want to show withdraw without editing them (the capability setting doesn’t seem to be working, I turned it off and manager still can access and approve withdrawal requests).
      3- I want to hide all notifications except related notifications, I don’t want Order Manager to be confused with other notifications not related to his job or needing to mark them read every time.
      4- Refund couldn’t be hidden but it shows [cannot access this page / no permission contact admin] which is fine by me but tabs should be consistent, all of them with message or all of them hidden.

Screenshot after disabling most capabilities : https://www.dropbox.com/s/18tukql154tu7lr/capabilities%20managers.JPG?dl=0

After I’m done with Orders Manager, I’m going to add Manager for Products only dealing with approving editing and everything related to products only, and of course can access vendors list without editing them.

Also I’m going to add Accounting Manager who is dealing with withdraws / refunds / any thing related to that only.

I’m trying to make things simple for my team without confusing them with many tabs and labels.

I hope you see it good idea enhancing the awesome capabilities feature you have and implement my previous simple ideas.

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for delayed update on this.

Kindly add this code for the purpose –

function wcfmmp_add_restriction_for_shop_manager( $is_allow ) {
      	if( current_user_can('shop_manager') ) $is_allow = false;
      	return $is_allow;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_edit_vendor', 'wcfmmp_add_restriction_for_shop_manager', 750 );
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_manage_vendor', 'wcfmmp_add_restriction_for_shop_manager', 750 );
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_refund_requests_action', 'wcfmmp_add_restriction_for_shop_manager', 750 );
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_withdrawal_requets_action', 'wcfmmp_add_restriction_for_shop_manager', 750 );

Well, this will work after WCFM next update.

Between, notification (point 2) will not resolve with this.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Thank you for awesome continuous support, will try it next update.

Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

WCFM new update is already there, please try now!

Thank You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Managers Capabilities’ is closed to new replies.