Managing Inquiries

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      vanilladev89
      Participant

I was playing with the inquiry system and I believe there are some features to improve the system.

Edit Reply: I think it would be good to have the ability to edit the replied messages from either Vendor or at least Admin login. In current system, yes a Vendor could simply delete and re-write but I found that if the reply is set to stick on the store page, it does not delete. (see images and description below)

Post with Username: I also think the user should have the option to have their inquiry post as their real name or username. In the images below, I had to remove my full name from all forms for the message to show up as my username instead of full name. I also turned off Vendor capabilities to see customer full name. However, when i first tested, it did appear as my full name.

I also found what I believe to be a flaw. If a Vendor responds to an inquiry and sticks it to the product page and then deletes that reply, the inquiries tab on their store page still shows the response. You have to delete the entire inquiry to remove the sticky reply from the store page.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vanilladev89
      Participant

I want to add some more to this possible feature improvement.

Currently, if there is a check mark on the Disable Ask a Question Button option, you will have have an “Ask A Question button” in individual product’s inquiry tab but you will have not have the ?Inquiry( This is default ) button on Vendor Store Banner.

Alternatively, if you deselect Disable Ask a Question Button, then you will no longer see an Ask A Question button in product’s Inquiry TAB but you will see ?Inquiry button on the Vendor Store Banner.

Why is it not both?

Also, in the Admin settings for Inquiry, there is a space to change what the inquiry button label is. When you fill this in, the text only changes the Ask A Question Button on the Product Inquiry Tab but not on the Vendor Store Banner? Is there another place to change that Text?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Please check this – https://www.loom.com/share/7b28a68be2b24dd68d3e97f4cd24b1eb

Are you looking for something at “Manual Appointment” page ?

Currently, if there is a check mark on the Disable Ask a Question Button option, you will have have an “Ask A Question button” in individual product’s inquiry tab but you will have not have the

– Well now this setting only works for “Single Product Page”. And it does not disable “Ask a Question” button totally, it just hide from open space and move it to under “Enquiry” Tab.

If you want to hide Inquiry button then do from WCFM Admin Setting -> Modules

Thank You

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.