Membership expiration ?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hello,

I want vendors products to expire after a certain time or after membership ends, is it possible to do that ?

I am planning to buy WooCommerce Frontend Manager – Groups & Staffs to add capabilities to different vendors, but I have some questions first.

1- Can I make vendors not able to sell unless they buy a subscription even if free ? (no-membership = 0 products | free membership = 10 products | paid membership = 50 products | etc)

2- Can I make membership or products expire after some time even if membership is free ? (why ? if vendor list a product on free membership then decided to never login again, I want his products or his store to expire/draft so customers cannot buy from this vendor)

3- Can vendor cancel membership ?

4- What happens to vendors if i cancel/disable or edit membership, if i make it paid or timed after his purchase .

Kind regards,

d-n-13
      Participant

5- How can I make new vendors disabled/not able to sell ? I want to force vendor to choose a membership to be able to sell.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCfM – Membership 2.0.0 has just released.

It comes with many new features including “Cancellation Rules”.

Check video tutorials as well – https://wclovers.com/wcfm-tutorials/

Kindly update yours and take a look.

Well, you have to setup different capabilities for different membership levels using WCfM – Groups & Staffs.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

I still cannot make new vendor not able to sell, they register in normal Dokan registration form and become WCFM vendors with no membership and they can sell.. if I change main capabilities in wcfm, then all other groups get affected too..

How can I make new vendors disabled/not able to sell until approved/verified ?

Thanks..

d-n-13
      Participant

Group auto-assignment on Registration is checked also

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCfM – Membership has no connection with Dokan default registration. It has it’s own registration form.

Using Dokan registration it’s not possible to set membership/groups for vendors.

For the purpose you have to use WCfM – Membership registration.

Kindly go though tutorials once – https://wclovers.com/wcfm-tutorials/

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Okay I registered new vendor from a membership page, it worked, but I have small issue.

How to disable Dokan registration ? https://wclovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/registration.jpg

Kind regards,

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no setting option for the purpose, this line of code will do the trick for you –

remove_action( 'woocommerce_register_form', 'dokan_seller_reg_form_fields' );

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Man, you’re legend !

Looks like I have a decent way on keeping vendors unable to sell before I approve.

Thanks!

d-n-13
      Participant

just small question regarding vendor approval, see the screenshot attached, what does that option do exactly ? because even if I unchecked it, membership still needs to be approved.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Certainly screenshot is missing.

But, if you don’t keep “Approval” enable then user will automatically become vendor, no Admin approval required.

You may use auto-approve, still you may restrict vendor selling by Vendor Verification. Check at WCfM admin setting -> Verification -> Product Limit -> Set this 0

Now, without account verification they are not allowed to add any product.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Product Limit Restriction if set to 0 it says “As per capability” am I in a wrong page ?

restrict vendor selling by Vendor Verification is really good way I want to do it.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

It’s a text box, by default it works “As per capability”.
      But you set your own number there. Set ‘0’ to restrict totally.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

1- “set your own number there. Set ‘0’ to restrict totally.”
      This worked for me. Thanks.

2- “But, if you don’t keep “Approval” enable then user will automatically become vendor, no Admin approval required.”

This is not working properly.

a- Approval option doesn’t do anything, admin have to approve in both cases. (I don’t care, I want admin to approve anyways, but option isn’t working properly).
      b- This is a SERIOUS issue !! rejecting user from being a vendor (admin approval option checked or unchecked) will result on deleting the user !!!

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Bingal

Hi,

WCfM – Membership new version is already there, 2.0.1

Now you are allowed to define Vendor reject rule for each membership plan.

Kindly update and take a look.

Well, possibly you are confused with vendor application approval and vendor verification. Two are different process.

Without Approval user not allowed to visit Frondend dashboard. But using verification product limit you may restrict them from add any product.

Now, without product everything useless.

It’s kind of 2 way verification.

If you have any doubt please know me.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

1- reject rule is fixed, now I have option to keep user or delete it after rejection.

2- unchecking approval still doesn’t do anything for me, admin still need to approve request both cases, and customer will stay customer in both cases (it is the way i want it btw, but it bothers me that it doesn’t work as intended or I don’t understand how it works)

I think my main issue resolved here, Thanks Team!

d-n-13
      Participant

Update # 1: Approval option unchecked works only with (WC Checkout), but doesn’t work with (Integrate Payment Options) it will requires admin approval anyways. * I personally prefer WC Checkout so I don’t have problem with this issue.

d-n-13
      Participant

Update # 2: I’ve noticed the WCfM – Membership by WC Products guide in youtube has extra options, is it old version or am I missing something ?

see attached screenshots.

Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

#1 – It works for both actually. I will recheck this again.

#2 – Yeah, WC Subscriptions plugin was installed there for creating recurring subscription. You may use this plugin as well – https://wordpress.org/plugins/xa-woocommerce-subscriptions/
      But it does not allow trial period setup.

Thank You

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Membership expiration ?’ is closed to new replies.