Membership Plan not cancelling in PayPal accounts

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Membership Membership Plan not cancelling in PayPal accounts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

Hi there,

I’m using Paypal as our payment processor and when a membership plan is canceled through the Vendors dashboard (see attached email confirmation) BUT it doesn’t cancel the payment plan in the actual PayPal account that the vendor used to create the membership recurring subscription payment. See the Screenshot attached.

This is a continued conversation from a closed issue found here https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/cancelled-memberships/ It looks like this has been resolved for STRIPE but not PayPal.

please advise
      Thanks

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Craig
      Participant

I have confirmed that PayPal recurring billing is NOT being stopped when a membership plan is cancelled or changed.

See screenshot of transaction that just happened today from the membership that was cancelled in the post above.

Is there a plan to fix this?

With a marketplace with 100’s and 1000’s of memberships this would be a very disastrous missing function.

I know that when using the WooCommerce “subscriptions” plugin that the recurring payments created buy a subscription are cancelled in Paypal (so it is possible).

Please advise ASAP as this is am important issue for a membership marketplace.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Karina Oelmaier
      Participant

Hi there, has this been fixed?

Craig
      Participant

not that I am aware of. At this point you need to monitor cancellations and manually remove from your paypal account.

or send instructions to the vendor on how they can do that in their paypal account.

I am not sure what happens if the membership subscription is done though a credit card.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.