Membership Trial Period

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      info88
      Participant

Dear support,

I’ve created membership plans for vendor registration.
      I need help about configuring free trial period, for example if I want to offer to new vendors – bronze plan which costs 10$/month and I want to give to that vendor 7 days trial period for that plan?
      I’ve tried to configure (check img), and in vendor registration form the payment was done (10$/month + 7 days free trial). Now, after trial period (after 7 days), vendor received an email in which he gets informed about next payment (10$) for next 30 days of plan. It shouldn’t happened like this, because the vendor has done the payment and he don’t need to pay it again after trial period!!!
      I’m using Marketplace, Group&Staff, Ultimate plugins.
      Please, can you help me fixing this problem?

Thank you!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Dis he paid $10 at the time registration?

Thank You

info88
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      migentebg
      Participant

Exactly the same happens to me !!!

Hi, I have a great doubt with this add-on:
      I’m setting up a subscription for a certain membership, it’s this:
      -3 months free trial.
      -the amount of each cycle is $ 29.99
      -The payment cycle is every 1 month.
      -The cycle does not stop until the subscription ends.
      but at the moment that the user chooses to start subscribing, he has to pay !!, this must be an error or I am doing something wrong because the trial period is “3 months”.
      Subscription works but the 3-month trial does not.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, for any subscription system whether it has “trial period” or not it gets payment at the time of subscription.

The best way to setup trial option – setup a separate plan as Free for a certain period which you actually want to offer as trial.

Thank You

info88
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Trial period is off course for allowing vendors to use dashboard for some time.

But, it causing problem when you are trying to create Free trial period. Actually, no payment gateway process payment with “0” amount.

That’s why I told you to setup a trial plan separately, which will be free. Just give limited capability for that plan.

If vendors feels good then they will subscribe to paid plans with advance capabilities.

e.g. in trial plan you will allow to create only 2 products, but with paid plan they will able to create 100 products.

You may take any site’s subscription system, all work like this. Trial/Free plan always keep as a separate one.

Thank you

info88
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

OK, we will check this.

But, this is not bug, It’s payment gateway limitation. As I mentioned, payment not works with “0” amount.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

If the trial period does not work as people expect then can I suggest that the trial period setting be removed from the paid Membership settings? It sounds like it is basically doing nothing (other than to confuse people).

Or is it functionally doing something else?

I can understand the “free plan” moving into the “paid plan” and will experiment with that setting to expire a free plan after a set period of time.

Thanks,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Membership Trial Period’ is closed to new replies.