Membership via PayPal issue

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristin

Something isn’t working right with WooCommerce Subscriptions + WCFM + PayPal.

I’ve had this happen twice this morning … a vendor signs up for a membership via PayPal. The payment goes through successfully and the Woocommerce order shows as completed. The funds are in my PayPal account and the transaction there also shows as “completed.” The Subscription in the admin vendor dashboard shows as “Active” on the individual transaction page, but on the list of subscriptions, it shows a “pending” sign. When I look up the subscription on the “Subscriptions” list in Woocommerce, it shows as “pending” there as well. The vendor was switched to a “disable vendor” user role somewhere in the process and the “expired membership” email was triggered in WCFM.

Kristin

This is from the Woocommerce error log for those two orders:

2018-07-24T05:56:36+00:00 ERROR Status transition of order #25926 errored!
      2018-07-24T08:29:38+00:00 ERROR Status transition of order #25946 errored!

Kristin

FYI… in further testing, the problem is not limited to PayPal. It also happens when using Stripe.

Kristin

Any thoughts on this? I can’t launch my site until I figure this out…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I have tested this but unable to generate.

“ERROR Status transition of order #25926 errored!” – it’s not from WCfM.

Actually, when you are using WC Checkout then WCfM – Membership does nothing. Only when that Order marked completed it triggers.

Did you checked in your PayPal ? Is subscription/recurring profile properly created?

I only can assume, there has something due to that PayPal IPN not received or processed!

Between, why that user membership expired? How many days membership is this?

Thank You

Kristin

To answer your questions:

Actually, when you are using WC Checkout then WCfM – Membership does nothing. Only when that Order marked completed it triggers. >>> Orders are marked as complete in Woocommerce and it tries to trigger the subscription change but as the error log shows, it is not working.

Did you checked in your PayPal ? Is subscription/recurring profile properly created? >>> Yes – everything looks like it is working correctly in PayPal. The recurring payment is correctly set up, the appropriate emails sent, etc.

I only can assume, there has something due to that PayPal IPN not received or processed! >>> I discovered after my original post that this happens with Stripe also. It does not appear to be a payment processing issue.

Between, why that user membership expired? How many days membership is this? >>> The membership subscriptions weren’t supposed to expire – both are 6-month memberships. I’ve been testing the last couple days – it happens with every sign-up, not just PayPal and regardless of length of subscription.

Kristin

I finally figured out the problem – I had a snippet that was controlling some other Woocommerce-related functions that was interfering with the subscription activation process. All good now.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Ahh .. that’s great to know things are working perfectly for you 🙂

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Membership via PayPal issue’ is closed to new replies.