New orders not showing up without refreshing the browser tab – 2

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate New orders not showing up without refreshing the browser tab – 2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      kavindu.wick
      Participant

on post #123831 I wrote to you guys about the following issue. But somehow, I got locked out of that post. And the reply is also not visible. I post it here, so someone will benefit from this, if they have a similar issue.

The issue

I run a multi-vendor marketplace for grocery shops.
      when a customer places an order, the new order doesn’t show up on the orders tab automatically.
      I waited for more than 40 minutes. But new orders doesn’t show up
      New orders only show up if I refresh the browser tab. No new notifications too.
      But if i refresh the browser tab, the new order and the notification shows up .
      The admin dashboard and all vendor dashboards are facing this issue.
      can anyone help me to figure out whats wrong?

The reply I got

Hi,
      Previously we used scheduled ajax calls (60 second interval) to check for any new activity (like new order, inquiry, etc) but it was reported to us by many users that their server is getting overloaded with such calls. Hence we disabled this feature by default from version 3.3.8. If you want that feature kindly use the following snippet-

add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_desktop_notification', '__return_true' );
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_new_message_check', '__return_true' );

You can also change the default 60 second interval by using the following code-

add_filter( 'wcfm_new_message_check_duration', function($time) {
          return 100000; // its in milisecond so 100000 = 100s
      } );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/
      Please note, this will only enable notifications without reloading. But to see the new orders you will still need to refresh the order page.
      Let me know how this goes.
      Thanks!

Molay Das
      Keymaster

Thanks for letting it available for other users. Hope your issue is resolved.

djks74
      Participant

Ok, thats why I did not get notification also on our store manager 🙁

so adding:
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_is_allow_desktop_notification’, ‘__return_true’ );
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_is_allow_new_message_check’, ‘__return_true’ );

should be enough ya?

Molay Das
      Keymaster

Yes.

Ramia KANLINSOU
      Participant

Good evening. I made your changes with the code but I no longer receive the notification sound I received before your update. It’s so quiet. I wonder how you can help me.
      I also wanted to know if there is the possibility of receiving notifications automatically on your mobile when you are connected to a mobile phone. Type allowed changes that appear in the phone notification bar.

Molay Das
      Keymaster

Hi,

I made your changes with the code but I no longer receive the notification sound I received before your update. It’s so quiet. I wonder how you can help me.
      Sorry there is no code to increase sound in your system. Please check your system’s volume. 🙂

I also wanted to know if there is the possibility of receiving notifications automatically on your mobile when you are connected to a mobile phone. Type allowed changes that appear in the phone notification bar.
      You can use our “WCFM Store Manager” app to receive notifications in mobile and also have other functionalities available in it.
      Details given here: https://wcfm.app/

Thanks,

hengsopheakbest
      Participant

Concern too

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.