No commission, no store site

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      JJ

Hi,

Short before I decided to develop a custom plugin for my purposes, I stumbled upon this and I have to say it completely floored me. The amount of features and options is stunning. Keep it up!

That said, it’s actually a bit too much for my purpose, although I might need it later. For now I would like to:
      1) Switch the store sites off, just let vendors register and add products through your nice interface and list them in the default WooCommerce shop. Can this be implemented into the settings or do I have to filter your plugin?
      2) Disable commisions, as I handle this differently with my vendors. Can I just set commision to 0% or will this cause any errors?

I also realized your plugin is loading a jquery file from ajax.googleapis.com (jquery-ui.css smoothness theme) which I would need to get rid of for GDPR and site speed reasons. Don’t know if that’s on purpose or you just forgot to include it in your plugin?

All that aside, I need to say that all your marketing statements about the “best multivendor plugin” seem to be true so far 🙂

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us and really pleasure to have such appreciation 🙂

1) Switch the store sites off, just let vendors register and add products through your nice interface and list them in the default WooCommerce shop. Can this be implemented into the settings or do I have to filter your plugin?
      – There is setting for disabling Store option at WCFM Admin Setting -> Marketplace -> https://ibb.co/vPtkxr8

2) Disable commisions, as I handle this differently with my vendors. Can I just set commision to 0% or will this cause any errors?
      – No issues, just set Admin commission 100% or Vendor commission 0%

I also realized your plugin is loading a jquery file from ajax.googleapis.com (jquery-ui.css smoothness theme) which I would need to get rid of for GDPR and site speed reasons. Don’t know if that’s on purpose or you just forgot to include it in your plugin?
      – Is this anyhow violate GDPR if include any CSS from main plugin repository? Do you have guideline documentation for this? We can off course make this localize, that will be not a big deal.

Please know me if you have any other suggestions.

Thank You

JJ

Thanks for your quick and helpful response!

Regarding 1, can the /stores/ URL be disabled or customized then as well?

Regarding GDPR: It does not directly violate it, but it creates the need to include it in your data security policy. The reason for that is, that visitor data (IP address is personal data) is getting to a third party (Google) by downloading the file. Same as for fonts, maps, etc. Examples are all over the internet, just google “gdpr google fonts” or similar. It’s nothing bad, but as your other users might not know or notice, it’s better to avoid it, also for the other reason mentioned (site speed).

Btw, do you have a preferred channel for bugreports or shall I just create a new post here? I think I found some other (minor) ones.

Have a nice day!

JJ

OK, nevermind regarding 1).
      I just found the views in your plugin, copied them to my child theme and can now happily adjust them to my needs. Very nice coding! I was looking for a custom post type slug to create custom templates for at first, but this way might even be better.

Still finding minor bugs though besides the GDPR topic, so if you’re interested, let me know where to report to.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding 1, can the /stores/ URL be disabled or customized then as well?
      – Yeah off course, there has a setting for this -> https://ibb.co/3hjhgzP

Regarding GDPR: It does not directly violate it, but it creates the need to include it in your data security policy. The reason for that is, that visitor data (IP address is personal data) is getting to a third party (Google) by downloading the file. Same as for fonts, maps, etc. Examples are all over the internet, just google “gdpr google fonts” or similar. It’s nothing bad, but as your other users might not know or notice, it’s better to avoid it, also for the other reason mentioned (site speed).

– Umm .. in that case I think you will not able to use WordPress as WP core load those libraries from external source. WooCommerce also loads some resources.
      Google Map and Analytics – you can not localize such scripts. Between, if you load any external Script or CSS they can not access customer’s IP or address anyway, so this will noway conflict with GDPR rule.

Between, here is a help add for work with custom post type + WCFM -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ReqHNcRTXHcrQ-E4fx2TrKYq0OYhG7FX/view?usp=sharing
      This will allow to create/manage custom post types under WCFM dashboard, you just have to set your CPT name and slug at it’s config file.

Thank You

JJ

Yes, running a website got a bit more complicated since GDPR became effective. But of course you can still run WordPress and most plugins/themes in Europe. It just requires some effort either way:
      Either you self-host fonts, all CSS, libraries etc.
      Or you adjust the privacy policy so that it mentions all external parties involved and the reasons for it.
      Or, a mixture is also possible and that’s what most people do: Avoid external resources where possible and add a notice to the privacy policy where it’s not.

My installation doesn’t load any external css or scripts besides your jquery css. Obviously I’d prefer to keep it like that, as it also makes my site load fast because the client doesn’t need to query several servers.

There are plugins that cannot be used in compliance with GDPR, as they store user data without permissions. But loading an external file doesn’t put you in that category obviously. Your users in GDPR countries would just need to add a statement. Or you include the file, which is what other developers go for, as it has some other benefits like inclusion in Cache and Optimization plugins, less DNS requests etc.

Now you know the GDRP issue, so you can decide how you handle (or ignore) it 😉

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Thanks for all the details, we will take care of this.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘No commission, no store site’ is closed to new replies.