One Invetory, Multiple Vendors

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Zee

Hi,

I trying to do a presentation for a website for my workplace.
      the company am working for has only for four branches across the country and one warehouse. This means that all these are showrooms a have warehouse make their sells based on what is available in the warehouse as one but in different locations.

what happens is that showrooms request for stock(transfer) from warehouse to their showroom as a business unit. So the stock at showroom 10units + Stock at warehouse 900 units equals 910 total stock. Not the 900 in warehouse is for everyone but not the 10 at that particular showroom, but other showrooms can request some stock from each other to meet orders.

I just don’t know how to put it but this is just inventory thing that i feel you missed out and if added would be an ideal function for business that are running stores in different locations.

each store is registered as a vendor with their own details but are all selling from one source.

This means, admin adds products and showrooms sale products.

Please see this example

1. There is a cup being sold on site X
      2. Site X has vendors A, B, C
      3. Site X has Given vendors A, B, C capabilities or permission to sale products from site X inventory
      4. Vendors must request items from warehouse invetory to their store inventory to sell.

5. If warehouse has 900 cups and 2 are blue cups and are requested by Vendor A, the rest can not have the only vendor A. if Vendor A fails to sell, they can
      transfer to vendor B with transfer note and vendor B Receive with Receiving not too.

6. Site X displays one item and has buttons which read choose showroom for customer to choose where they want to buy the item from.
      7. Order goes to Vendor chosen and not everyone. invoicing, receipts delivery note, credit notes will be done by the vendor who has received the order and approval
      by business unit manager.

8. Site X should Display all Items in all items from all showrooms. Warehouse Items should not be displayed to customers but showrooms can see. customers see what
      is requested by showrooms

9. Discounts or special offers approval by admin of site X.

10. Admin can have options to or not to set sales targets for vendors, turn on commissions function or turn off. Sales commission for individual sales person under store with an e wallet for that particular person approved by admin. Options should be multiple (based on set target or per sold item,)

11. Allow vendors to see each others sells reports, stocks, store visits, sales targets and

Please add this coding to the marketplace plugin and not as a purchasable addon. I say so because this is one important part in commerce as issuing an invoice and
      can not be an option but a must to make eCommerce more attractive.

once done please let me know so i can update and the presentation at my workplace.

Best Regards

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

Well, I understand your requirement.

“I just don’t know how to put it but this is just inventory thing that i feel you missed out and if added would be an ideal function for business that are running stores in different locations.”

*** Now these limitation comes form WooCommerce. Not possible to maintain multiple inventory for a single product.

“5. If warehouse has 900 cups and 2 are blue cups and are requested by Vendor A, the rest can not have the only vendor A. if Vendor A fails to sell, they can
      transfer to vendor B with transfer note and vendor B Receive with Receiving not too.”

*** And also, it’s also not possible – one product sell by multiple vendors at a time. You may research, no multi-vendor sites allow such things.
      Vendors may sell same product (e.g. same mobile iPhone 7 sell by 3 vendors) but those are kept as separate entity, separate inventory.

But these can be implemented, require very high level customization. And we will never add this in core, as normal users will not understand this complex system and will break the whole system.

Hope you understand my point!

Thank You

Zee

Many thanks for your swift feedback and point taken.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘One Invetory, Multiple Vendors’ is closed to new replies.