Orders status best practices ? changing default status ?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hello,

I would like to understand the best practices of order status, I have few question.

1- What is the purpose of the order status “Complete” ? is it payment received or order delivered ?

It confuses me a but because receiving payment from paypal for example will mark the order as Complete instead of Processing. and then vendor will mark the order Shipped ? then complete again ? does it not make sense to be Processing instead of Complete ?

Can I change it to processing ?

2- I think it is convenient to mark the order status automatically as Shipped after adding tracking number

Thank you

d-n-13
      Participant

2- I think it is convenient to mark the order status automatically as Shipped after adding tracking number

And make tracking url and number optional as maybe the vendor will deliver it himself or using local not-advanced delivery company

Why ?

There is a fast “Mark as Complete” button but there is no fast “Mark as Shipped” button (there is but it doesn’t change the status to Shipped).

Thank you

d-n-13
      Participant

I think I am mistaken about the part of orders status is “Processing” and not “Complete”.

Apologies.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

– It’s already there. As vendor added shipping info his order status change to “Shipped” automatically.

3. And make tracking url and number optional as maybe the vendor will deliver it himself or using local not-advanced delivery company

– Well, those are required fields but there is no rule of formating. Vendor may insert any info over there. You may change those Labels using translation as well.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

“– It’s already there. As vendor added shipping info his order status change to “Shipped” automatically.”

** Please check again. This only changes the label inside the order : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dukehsi8uj0zst/shipped.JPG?dl=0
      ** This will not change label for admin he still have processing.
      ** both admin and vendor don’t have icon updated : https://www.dropbox.com/s/677bauztjf8c3hc/shipped%20but%20processing%20icon.JPG?dl=0

“– Well, those are required fields but there is no rule of formating. Vendor may insert any info over there. You may change those Labels using translation as well.”

** But vendor has to add URL.
      ** In this case if vendor doesn’t want to confuse customers with wrong & not existing tracking info, then he have to go inside the order and change the status to Shipped.

Thank You.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Orders status best practices ? changing default status ?’ is closed to new replies.