Out of stock products and SEO

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      CommunityCorals
      Participant

Most vendors deal with out of stock products by deleting, setting as a draft or as private. This will result in 404 errors.

The best way to help a website is to leave the product accessible only by its URL (so hiding it from search and listings) and adding a rel canonical to a similar product or a related category.

Is there any chance to implement such a solution or to ensure that products deleted by vendors result at least in 301 ?

Thanks & BR
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

The best way to help a website is to leave the product accessible only by its URL (so hiding it from search and listings) and adding a rel canonical to a similar product or a related category.

– It’s pretty easy. They have to set “Catalog Visibility” -> Hidden – https://ibb.co/wg3s48n

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hi, sounds good. But the issue with this is that the product would still be listed in vendor product view. As we sell lots of low value WYSIWYG (unique item) the view would get very crowded if vendor has no option to make the products also “disappear” in his product listing.

Any chance to add a filter to include/exclude “hidden” products from product listing view?

Thanks
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please check is there any setting related to this under theme setting? Possibly it’s overriding WooCommerce setting!

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

HI,

Products are hidden in Woocommerce shop but not in wcfm vendor view /store-manager/products/ – The theme has no influence on this view.

CommunityCorals
      Participant

In /store-manager/products/

Perfect would be if with a setting the delete button could be switched to a “hide” button + A filter option to toggle “show hidden products” in the vendor products list.

Does this make sense?

Thanks & BR
      Dominique

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Products are hidden in Woocommerce shop but not in wcfm vendor view /store-manager/products/ – The theme has no influence on this view.

– Sorry, may be I understood this wrong!

Catalog visibility decide whether product will be visible in site frontend or not! If catalog visibility “Hidden” then it will not visible in WooCommerce Shop and vendor’s store page.

But it will be always visible under vendor dashboard product list (/store-manager/products/), same as you can see hidden products at wp-admin -> products list.

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

But it will be always visible under vendor dashboard product list (/store-manager/products/), same as you can see hidden products at wp-admin -> products list.

–> Thanks, I am well aware of that. Still my “Feature request” is following:

“Perfect would be if with a setting the delete button could be switched to a “hide” button + A filter option to toggle “show hidden products” in the vendor products list.”

What do you think?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“Perfect would be if with a setting the delete button could be switched to a “hide” button + A filter option to toggle “show hidden products” in the vendor products list.”

– OK, you want to have “archive” option, right?

I will email you code for this.

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Yes, I think so. Archived products shall not be visible in products manage view but shall be accessible via google / external link.

That would be great – looking forward to the code.

Dominique

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Another remark – Would be great if archived products would not count into the # of products displayed on the store listing page.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

That sounds like a brilliant idea
      Is there any chance I could have a copy of that, would that be OK

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Another remark – Would be great if archived products would not count into the # of products displayed on the store listing page.

– As I remember, I gave you code for this.

@sdel_nevo
      , will send you product archive code as well.

Thank You

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hi, haven´t received any code

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

that’s brilliant, many thanks

Steve

CommunityCorals
      Participant

Hello, I still haven´t received any code. 🙁

My mail is Info@communitycorals.de

Thanks
      Dominique

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Out of stock products and SEO’ is closed to new replies.