Payment reminder issue for subscribers

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Membership Payment reminder issue for subscribers

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristin

Most of my subscriptions are monthly, but I have one membership that is bi-annual. The “Next Payment” email reminder is going out to the bi-annual members every month, just like it does for monthly subscribers, even though their actual next payment isn’t for several months. Is there a way to prevent those emails from going out to the bi-annual members on months when there isn’t actually a payment due? It’s causing confusion for my vendor members.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We are debugging this and definitely resolve in next update.

Can you please check one thing, WCFM Admin dashboard Vendors list -> what is expiry and renewal date visible for those users?
      If possible, show me screenshot for these.

Thank You

Kristin

The renewal date is incorrect on the Vendors list, which you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z85b64s1lo0gthz/Screen%20Shot%202018-08-22%20at%2010.01.08%20AM.png?dl=0.

The correct date is 1/24/19, as you can see here on the Subscriptions list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nmhn8b43hh3zun/Screen%20Shot%202018-08-22%20at%2010.04.17%20AM.png?dl=0

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

Now, here this date is the problem, it shows next renewal date 24/08 and today 21/08, I think that’s why it’s throwing out 1st renewal email.

Can you please show me another screenshot, this membership plan’s subscription plan setup?

Thank You

Kristin

The actual subscription shows the correct information (https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlkg7586nn80ckw/Screen%20Shot%202018-08-23%20at%209.46.40%20AM.png?dl=0). It is only wrong in the dashboard vendor list.

Kristin

The vendor account referenced above was automatically DISABLED today because of no payment, even though no payment is due until January.

Kristin

Any progress on this? This is a significant problem…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

You have setup membership using WC Products, right?

Now, you have set subscription by annual in subscription product.
      Do you have set that same subscription rule at WCFM Membership?

Can you please show me screenshot of that?

Thank You

Kristin

I am using WooCommerce Subscriptions and yes, the settings on both are the same for this subscription/membership. This is a bi-annual subscription with a one-month paid trial period.

Subscription settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a52kpuakv63shgt/Screen%20Shot%202018-08-29%20at%2011.19.05%20AM.png?dl=0

WCFM membership settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb75se9zqzvy2yh/Screen%20Shot%202018-08-29%20at%2011.18.53%20AM.png?dl=0

Kristin

This issue doesn’t seem to be limited to bi-annual subscriptions.

I have a handful of monthly subscriptions that renewed today. All of those monthly subscriptions are synced via Woocommerce Subscriptions to always renew on the first of the month. One of those that renewed today was for a membership that also started on the 1st of the month. Even though the vendor’s subscription payment went through and her subscription is current, her WCFM membership was automatically disabled today. I was able to enable her account and had to once again set her membership for the one to which she is subscribed.

Something between WCFM and Woo Subscriptions is not communicating correctly, which seems to be tied to the membership “next payment” date shown on the WCFM vendor list. For all subscriptions shown in this screenshot (https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl01i5curtl42og/Screen%20Shot%202018-09-01%20at%208.49.46%20AM.png?dl=0), the renewal date was TODAY (because all are synced to the 1st) and the payments have been made successfully, so the date now shown should be 10/1/2018. As you can see, the date shown is a month from their sign-up date.

This is a HUGE problem with my current vendors because their accounts get deactivated, they get an email saying so, and then I have to re-activate and try to explain that it’s just an issue we’re working on and that all is okay. I’ve already had one cancel her account because she doesn’t trust the system.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“Something between WCFM and Woo Subscriptions is not communicating correctly” – You are right, something happening here. We are checking this.

Between, “bi-annual subscriptions” reminder issue resolved in WCFM Membership latest update(2.1.3), kindly update yours.

Thank You

Kristin

Ok. Thanks for the update.

Kristin

Any progress on this?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for delayed update.

WCFM Membership 2.2.0 hast just released and we have resolved this issue.

It was due to membership not renewed by Subscription renewal order.

Kindly update yous and take a look.

Thank You

Kristin

Awesome… thank you! 🙂

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Please know me is this resolve your issue or not!

Thank You

Kristin

Unfortunately this issue is NOT resolved. I had another membership that was cancelled today, just as I described originally. This is the first renewal since I updated the plugin.

Kristin

To add to my update – in addition to the problems stated above, now with the updated plugin the subscription renewal reminder emails are being sent at the wrong time. Instead of 3 days before the actual subscription payment (which is synced to always be on the 1st, regardless of when they signed up), the emails are now being sent 3 days prior to the monthly anniversary of the original membership sign-up date.

(ie. Vendor signed up on the 15th at a pro-rated rate equal to half a month, renewals each month after that on the first – reminder email is supposed to go out 3 days before the first, but instead is going out 3 days before the 15th).

Kristin

CORRECTION – Actually, in looking at my emails records – the email date issue was not working correctly before the update either, along with the problem of vendor accounts expiring.

Kristin

I am SO frustrated! Not only does the site keep deactivating the vendors on their renewal date, it also puts all of their products in draft mode, even though I have it set to leave the products alone. It’s very time-consuming to have to go back and reactivate the vendors, reset their membership and and re-publish all of those products. Please get this fixed ASAP – my vendors are confused and starting to question whether this selling platform is reliable.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I am really sorry fro the trouble.

I have a suggestion, till this issue not fully resolved for you change vendor disable rule – “Don’t make their products “draft”

Between, can you please send a me a log, check at wp-admin -> WooCommerce -> Status -> Logs -> “wcfm-log” today’s log or when any vendor goes disabled.

Thank You

Kristin

I already have it set to “Don’t make their products ‘draft'” but it doesn’t work – it still sets them to draft.

Here’s the log from the last time a vendor was disabled:
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 59 <=> 28
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 53 <=> 8
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 40 <=> 8
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 41 <=> 3
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 38 <=> 11
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 49 <=> 6
      2018-09-24T08:37:57+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 62 <=> 0
      2018-09-24T08:38:58+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 39 <=> 27
      2018-09-24T08:38:58+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 54 <=> 7
      2018-09-24T08:38:58+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 37 <=> 0
      2018-09-24T08:43:37+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 36 <=> 58
      2018-09-24T08:43:37+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 50 <=> 9
      2018-09-24T08:43:37+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 52 <=> 9
      2018-09-24T08:43:37+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 60 <=> 28
      2018-09-24T08:43:37+00:00 DEBUG Membership Expiry Scheduler :: 48 <=> 0

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please confirm one thing?

Are this users disabled –

62 <=> 0
      37 <=> 0
      48 <=> 0

Here left side number is user id

Between, how your renewal works?
      Using subscription renewal order, right?

Thank You

kristin.rutten
      Participant

Yes, those three users – 62, 37 and 48 – are the three vendors whose subscriptions were automatically disabled on 9/24. That is the anniversary of their original sign-up date (8/24) but it is not their subscription renewal date. For one of them (62), the renewal date is monthly – her next renewal is 10/1. For the other two (37 & 48), the renewal is bi-annual – their next renewal date is 1/24/19.

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking about how my renewal works. I am using recurring subscriptions via WC Checkout + WooCommerce Subscriptions. The recurring payments via WooCommerce are working correctly – it’s just the attached membership renewal that is not.

My vendors are getting automatically disabled on the monthly anniversary of their sign-up date, regardless of the payment standing of their account.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking about how my renewal works” – Well, I thought these vendors were expired but auto-renewed by Subscription renewal!

Kindly update WCFM Membership 2.2.1

Can you please check one thing -> WCFM Admin Dashboard -> Vendors -> It has Membership column which shows next renewal date (https://ibb.co/i18vDe) -> All dates are showing right?

Thank You

kristin.rutten
      Participant

Sorry… didn’t mean to offend. I wasn’t asking why you needed the info – I just wasn’t sure what kind of information you were looking for.

I’ll update today and check the vendor list and report back.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

NO no, I am not at all offended 🙂

I was saying sorry because till now I am thinking something else with your issue.

“Can you please check one thing -> WCFM Admin Dashboard -> Vendors -> It has Membership column which shows next renewal date (https://ibb.co/i18vDe) -> All dates are showing right?” – Please know me this.

Thank You

kristin.rutten
      Participant

The date shown on my vendor page is the anniversary (one month or six month) of the day the member signed up, which in most cases is NOT the renewal/payment date because I have most memberships synced via WooCommerce Subscriptions to renew on the 1st of the month. (First month is pro-rated if they don’t sign up on the 1st).

I thought the syncing might be part of the issue but that doesn’t appear to be the case – even the members whose memberships are NOT synced are being automatically disabled on the date shown on the vendor page.

kristin.rutten
      Participant

UPDATE: I had a few renewal payments go through today – the ones that went through BEFORE I updated my plugins today still show the membership sign-up anniversary date on the vendor page, not the correct next renewal date. The ones with payments that went through AFTER updating are now showing the correct next renewal date, which is different from the membership anniversary date.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

” I have most memberships synced via WooCommerce Subscriptions to renew on the 1st of the month. (First month is pro-rated if they don’t sign up on the 1st).”

– NO I got the reason why it’s not working in your site. WCFM Membership did not had support for this.
      We have just updated 2.2.2 version and added support for this.
      But this will work for future vendors when you will change their next payment date.
      For old users just update WCFM Membership vendor’s next payment date from vendor manage page!

You just always be sure, subscription next payment date is same as WCFM Vendors page date.

“even the members whose memberships are NOT synced are being automatically disabled on the date shown on the vendor page.”
      – What’s wrong in this? That date is their expiry date. But if their renewal subscription order already paid then they will not disabled.

“The ones with payments that went through AFTER updating are now showing the correct next renewal date, which is different from the membership anniversary date.”
      – This is due to 1st point, you have adjusted payment dates manually. Well, you can even edit WCFM Membership vendor’s next payment as well from vendor manage page, just update those and make same as in subscription.

Thank You

kristin.rutten
      Participant

Thanks for adding the support for synced memberships. Fingers crossed it works now – I won’t know until my next round of renewals.

I am still having a problem with products automatically going to draft status though – when the membership renews, the vendor’s products are automatically being set to draft every time. In the membership settings, I have the “Product Status” set to “Keep as same” for both Expiry Rules and Cancel Rules, so this isn’t supposed to happen.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“I am still having a problem with products automatically going to draft status though – when the membership renews, the vendor’s products are automatically being set to draft every time. In the membership settings, I have the “Product Status” set to “Keep as same” for both Expiry Rules and Cancel Rules, so this isn’t supposed to happen.”

– Right, this should not be happen. I am checking this once again. You just recheck once this rules setting .

Thank You

Kristin

Any progress on the products automatically going to draft status issue? As my number of vendors and products grows, having to go in and manually re-publish all of their products every time their subscription renews is a real pain in the neck, not to mention disruptive to my relationship with my sellers and a drain on my server.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

This issue was resolved at WCFM Membership 2.2.0
      Not yet resolved for you?

Thank You

Kristin

No – as I’ve mentioned multiple times in this thread, I am very much still having this problem. My plugin is up to date, currently at 2.2.3.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have just updated WCFM Membership 2.2.4 and hope this will no more happen to your vendors.

If you still get this issue anyway then send me “wcfm-logs”.

Thank You

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Payment reminder issue for subscribers’ is closed to new replies.