Problem with tax default option

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lewis
      Participant

Hello,
      I currently have several problems with the way taxes are managed.
      At the moment, by default, taxes are applied.
      But many of my sellers, thinking they don’t need to charge taxes, just don’t go to the “tax” tab
      It would be nice to have the option to choose “none” as the default option, there is more chance that a seller who knows that he must apply the tax to his products opens the tax tab and then select ” taxable ”
      ex. <option value = “none” selected>None</option>

But it would be better if there is no option selected by default, something like this:
      <option disabled selected value> – select an option – </option>
      and that we can decide to make this field mandatory. This way we would be sure that the sellers have put the correct tax status since this could have legal consequences if the tax is not applied when necessary or have charged tax without having a tax number.

Thank you very much for taking my request into consideration, you are doing a very good job, I bought the ultimate version and I intend to buy both of your mobile app as soon as you release the ios version 😀

With love,
      Lewis

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please add this code snippet to your site for the purpose-

add_filter( 'wcfm_product_simple_fields_tax', function( $tax_fields ) {
      	if( isset( $tax_fields['tax_status'] ) ) {
      		$tax_fields['tax_status']['options'] = array( 'none' => _x( 'None', 'Tax status', 'wc-frontend-manager' ), 'taxable' => __( 'Taxable', 'wc-frontend-manager' ), 'shipping' => __( 'Shipping only', 'wc-frontend-manager' ) );
      	}
      	return $tax_fields;
      }, 50, 1 );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

Lewis
      Participant

Thank you, the code allows at least not to put the taxable product by default. On the other hand, there is always the problem that even if I put the mandatory tax field, sellers can publish a product without looking at this field since it has a default value. Could it be that it defaults to something like: choose an option?

Thank you for your impeccable support

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.