Product Custom fields not displaying correctly in Store

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate Product Custom fields not displaying correctly in Store

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dominic.takaendisa
      Participant

Hi,

I have just purchased WCFM Ultimate. I am using it to enable the display of custom product fields on the front end. For example “after product title”. The new labels are appearing on the frontend however the Input from the Vendor for the fields is not being displayed. I have attached two pictures to show the problem.

Can you help me with this issue.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

Problem is with custom field “Name”, it has no display option, it’s for storing data in database.
      So, user simple name for the field and without space and special chars. e.g “_roi_payout_cycles_months”

Hope this will resolve your issue 🙂

Thank You

dominic.takaendisa
      Participant

Hi Thank you for the quick response.
      I corrected the field and even reduced the name so that no spaces or special charaters are used.

Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. I also realised that the custom field is not Updating after the Vendor submits the updated product.

See the attatchment to understand my example better:

For example the Admin creates the custom field “Payout” (no special charaters, spaces etc.).
      The custom field type is select so that the vendor can select the “payout” interval (so the options are 3months, 6 months etc.)

In the Store manager, the vendor selects for example 15 Months fpr “payout” interval and publishes the updaated product.

In the Shop, the product custom field label Payout is shown but the selected value of “15 Months” is not displayed.

Secondly when the Vendor reopens the Product to edit the field, the “Payout” field has lost the selected value and returns to the default value. This means the Backend is not saving the selected values for the custom fields.

Please help me with this i think there is a bug in the plugin maybe?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

That’s strange!

I have created same type of field in our demo – https://ibb.co/fMm9yL

And it’s showing perfectly – http://wcfmmp.wcfmdemos.com/product/custom-field-test/

You may even create product here and check – http://wcfmmp.wcfmdemos.com/my-account

Thank You

dominic.takaendisa
      Participant

Ok Thank you,

There must be another Plugin interfering with my store manager.
      Thank you for the demo and quick responses. Ill let you know if/when i have resolved the issue.

dominic.takaendisa
      Participant

Hi

just incase you want to know, i finally figured out the problem.
      I created my custom fields in the free Version of WCFM.

Then i upgraded to the paid version and added the values to the fields. This is why the plugin was having problems displaying the values.
      AfterI deleted the custom fields and recreated the Blocks and fields, the values displayed without any problems.

Cheers

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

ahh .. that’s great 🙂

actually, it was just matter of custom fields visibility options – https://ibb.co/dLFiNq
      in free there was no such options so that field was not visible.

thank you

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Product Custom fields not displaying correctly in Store’ is closed to new replies.