Product limit creation

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      widi

Hi,
      I have question for new feature limited product creation for vendor. we can setting this feature for global vendor, my question can we give one vendor or selected vendor different limitation aside global limitation? ex. i set product limit for global vendor is 10 product, if i want only vendor A or B have 20 product limitation and other still limited at 10, can we setting that?

Brgds,
      Widi

Shhiv Narayan
      Keymaster

Hi Widi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

Yes definitely, you can do that but then you have to create a group of those two vendors (A & B) and assign different capability rules.
      WCFM – Groups & Staffs will do this for you. Check here – http://wclovers.com/product/woocommerce-frontend-manager-groups-staffs/

Please know me if you have any further queries.

Thank You
      Shhiv

widi

Hi Shhiv,

Nice info, so within addon group & staff i can use that feature, even each group can have own manager. Great. I’ll be learned first this feature for my vendors.

Thanks,
      Widi

WCfM Forum

Yeah right, each group will have their own set of capabilities.

You may even add a vendor to multiple groups and they will have combined capability of those two groups.

Please know me if you have any further queries regarding this.

Thank You

memtimintursun
      Participant

Hi Shhiv,

“You may even add a vendor to multiple groups and they will have combined capability of those two groups.”

Do you mean the “VendorShhiv” can be assigned to the Golden Member and the Silver Member groups together?? let say GM has 10 product, SM has 5 product capabilities. so, “VendorShhiv” can have 15 product capabilities?

Today, I have another questions for you dear Shhiv. I would like you answer here, as I don’t like write email very much, my 2 tabs on crome always keeps open your website and forum. so I can switch them to read.

Q1. Does the Group and Staff has capabilities that each group can have this much photo bank? for example, let’s say I am creating 2 groups; 1 is Gold Member and 2 is Silver Member. I would like to give 50 product capabilities to the Gold Member and also 5 Megabyte photo bank. for example, if the Gold Member has reached 5 Megabyte limit(it can be any numbers photo, but total has to be 5 Megabyte), he can’t upload more photos. if the add-on doesn’t support like that, what do you think about this? any solutions?

Q2. I am continuous researching multivendor systems. find out that WooCommerce is one of popular one, as it has so many add-on and very much possibilities with it. but on the same time, WooCommerce has it’s problems too. one of them is, the product images. when deleting a product, it doesn’t delete the photo files of the product on the server. do you know or think it’s possible to make the WooCommerce/WP to delete it’s related photo?

Q3. Because I am researching/trying to install so many add-ons and as well many things I am looking, I find out currently I have many photo file on the server. then I am looking more closely on this, what I see is, each one product photo gets minimum 5 or more copies with different size resolutions. I don’t know how it became like that. imagine that, so much products, each product has minimum 5 or some of them even 200 photos. so, 200 photos mean for me, minimum 200*5=1000 photo file or even more when some high quality images used. I find out that some files has even 7 copies with different resolutions. I really don’t understand this. those images depend on WP? WC? or other add-on? any solutions?

04. and 05 and 06, I will write them in private message later after you answer these questions. just can say looking something custom job if you do.

Regards.

Shhiv Narayan
      Keymaster

Hi,

Welcome back, getting you after a long time.

How are you?

Let me clear your concerns –

1. Ummm .. we kept it 10, but nit sure is this right or wrong. Actually, there is no such solution in the market where you can set two different set of capabilites to a same user. So we think it will be safe to keep the heightest for now. You have noticed that it’s just a new feature in last release. We already asked our existing users for feedback regarding this, we will change this according to majority.

I also want to know, what solution you think will be best for this? 10 or 15!!

2. No, there is no such capability restriction yet. First we think of such but then skip as in WordPress- WooCommerce people don’t want to have such complex setup. So wr simplified this and just keep per product gallery image count limit.

3. Before I am going to explain this in details please tell me onething – which is more important for you ? Your site speed or no of images and disak space occupied!!

This is WP standard, if you want I can delete your product associated images using custom solution, that will be not a big deal at all.

Actually, in WordPress you can use one image for multiple products and if now I delete that with product deletion then what happen to other products which also using the same image?

Multiple image size – suppose you have uploaded a 10mb image of 2440×1440 for a product. Now someone browsing your site in mobile, just think about your bounce rate.
      In WooCommerce cart it loads 60x60px pic, now think about your sales report!!

Please don’t take my words personaly, i want to explain you with real situations.

Please send other queries here and I will have those in mail – https://wclovers.com/contact-us/

Please know me if I can assist you in any other way.

Regards
      Shhiv

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Product limit creation’ is closed to new replies.