Product Multi-vendor – How does it work?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums Product Vendors Product Multi-vendor – How does it work?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      tech2
      Participant

Product Multi-vendor

Can someone explain how that works.

1. How is payment handled
      2. How does the Product Multi vendor get paid if the price is the same?
      3. What if the original vendor doesn’t want anyone else selling their products? Surely it should be permission based?

It’s a cool idea for people with no products to sell but I can’t understand how it works.

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster
      tech2
      Participant

You’ve totally missed my point.

I know how to use it and I’ve added test products.

HOW DOES IT WORK??

I sell it, do I then contact the original vendor? Do I have to sell it for more to make a profit? What if the seller doesn’t want me to sell it? What if they won’t send it? What if they delay?

How does it work? Explain the end to end transaction.

Thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I sell it, do I then contact the original vendor? Do I have to sell it for more to make a profit? What if the seller doesn’t want me to sell it? What if they won’t send it? What if they delay?

– Well, single product multi-vendor concept is main product copied for each vendor. So, if vendor’s product sold out then vendor will be automatically notified, Admin has nothing to do.

Thank You

tech2
      Participant

Ok. You’re still missing it. I’ll make this simple.

1: I add someone else’s product. Do I have to add a higher cost to make a profit?

2: what happens if the original product owner doesn’t want me to sell their product?

3: When I sell someone else’s product, does the order go directly to the original vendor or do I have to contact them as the secondary vendor and arrange the sale.

4: what if the original vendor doesn’t ship the product or takes too long to ship and me as the secondary vendor gets bad feedback?

Please explain the entire sales process for single product multi-vendors.

There really needs to be more information around how this works. So far I’ve added products but have no idea how it actually works

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

– Well, main concept of this module is, when a vendor start selling another vendor’s product it copied and created a totally new product for this vendor.

Now, new vendor may change anything for that product, as it’s his product.

If customer purchase this new vendor’s products then “vendor order” will be created for this new vendor.
      Main product’s vendor has nothing to do here. Even he will have no information whether this product sold from another vendor’s store.

2: what happens if the original product owner doesn’t want me to sell their product?

– Well, there is no such restriction. But you may disable this for a vendor then he will not able to sell another vendor’s products.

Thank You

tech2
      Participant

Okay. I dont think this is a complete product and I dont think you know how this actually works. Please address all questions.

HI,

– Well, main concept of this module is, when a vendor start selling another vendor’s product it copied and created a totally new product for this vendor.

If customer purchase this new vendor’s products then “vendor order” will be created for this new vendor.
      Main product’s vendor has nothing to do here. Even he will have no information whether this product sold from another vendor’s store.

Ok. so how do I complete the order if this is not my product?

– Well, there is no such restriction. But you may disable this for a vendor then he will not able to sell another vendor’s products.

This is not a complete product. Basically I can add a product from another vendor but I must then stock that product myself? Makes no sense. Completely pointless addition!

So the 4 questions I asked but you ignored.

1: I add someone else’s product. Do I have to add a higher cost to make a profit?

3: When I sell someone else’s product, does the order go directly to the original vendor or do I have to contact them as the secondary vendor and arrange the sale.

4: what if the original vendor doesn’t ship the product or takes too long to ship and me as the secondary vendor gets bad feedback?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

This is not a complete product. Basically I can add a product from another vendor but I must then stock that product myself? Makes no sense. Completely pointless addition!

– You do not understand my reply. Your other queries already taken care with that reply!

when a vendor start selling another vendor’s product it copied and created a totally new product for this vendor.

– I have written you this. This means a new product will be create for second vendor. So he has full access to change anything for that product.
      He may change it’s price, stock and other things as per his wish!

Suppose, you have two Vendors – Vendor A and Vendor B

Vendor A has a product – Product A

Now, Vendor B add that product to his store from Vendor A.

It means a new product will be created for Vendor B with all configuration from Vendor A’s product.
      Vendor B may change anything to this product, except that product’s title.

It’s not like, there will be one product and that will be shared by two vendors.

– Now, this question are not valid with this setup.

Thank You

tech2
      Participant

Ok. SO MY POINT IS THIS.

Unless I stock Vendor A’s product that I have now cloned into my store, it is 100% pointless for me to have it in there because I cannot sell what I do not have!! Totally pointless addition!! And a half baked product.

Now if you wanted this to work. it should work like a drop shipping agreement. This will only work if Vendor A agree’s to the drop shipping agreement with lets say for example, a 10% commission is paid to the Drop seller.

Step 1. I add Vendor A’s product. Vendor A’s product is now in my store.
      Step 2. I (vendor b) sell Vendor A’s product and the order alert and information is sent to both myself (vendor B) and Vendor A.
      Step 3. Vendor A is paid for the product and shipping and Vendor B takes his cut.
      Step 4. Vendor A sends the product.

Your single product multi-vendor option does not work unless the other vendor also has the products.

FYI. Your affiliate paid addon is also a half baked product. I’m happy to help you guys bring these up to speed because releasing paid addons that do not do what they should do is terrible business.

Cap Luis
      Participant

I believe that the sole purpose of this module is to show different suppliers for the same product!

I have a store and I want to sell the same product as another supplier, I do not have to waste time recreating everything from scratch, I simply make a copy and put the same price as the other supplier or put a lower price.

Now people will see on the product page that more than one person sells the same product!

and can choose the best price or personal preference

tech2
      Participant

Yes, I get that. You would have to have the same product in stock or at least available to you for that to even be a usable option. I get it may save someone a little time but it’s unlikely it will be used with the vast amount of products out there.

My suggestion on how it could / should work creates a huge amount of value for users. If the products available to add to store were from vendors that had opted into that particular program and it was set up like a drop shipping agreement where Mr Joe Public could create a store with absolutely no products or stock but could fill his store with a range of different products from a list of different vendors and earn a commission every time products are sold then that would be massively valuable to a lot of people who want to get into the market / marketplace.

This option has massive potential but it’s not ready / finished how it is so I have now turned it off as it will just cause confusion and waste peoples time.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

This option has massive potential but it’s not ready / finished how it is so I have now turned it off as it will just cause confusion and waste peoples time.

– How you want to make this work for your site?

Thank You

tech2
      Participant

@WCFMFourm currently this option may be valuable to 1% of your customers, maybe. Probably not. To have it there just to save time when someone has the same product available makes little sense.

How i would like it to work on my site and how it should work if you want it to add value to 100% of your customers is as follows: it should work like a drop shipping agreement.

This will only work if Vendor A agree’s to the drop shipping agreement with lets say for example, a 10% commission is paid to the Drop seller.

Step 1. I add Vendor A’s product. Vendor A’s product is now in my store.
      Step 2. I (vendor b) sell Vendor A’s product and the order alert and information is sent to both myself (vendor B) and Vendor A.
      Step 3. Vendor A is paid for the product and shipping and Vendor B takes his cut.
      Step 4. Vendor A sends the product.

This will enable vendors who want to add to their product list or have absolutely zero products to create a store, fill it with products of their choice and sell. This will generate activity, traffic and more sales. It’s a win win for everyone!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Product Multi-vendor – How does it work?’ is closed to new replies.