Product option to limit backorders

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bobobrothers
      Participant

We need an option for each product, including variations, which sets a limit on backorders. Most of our products do not allow backorders but we would like to allow backorders on some items. However, we would like to set a limit, i.e. do not allow more than “x” backorders, such that if the number is set to 5, then only 5 backorders will be allowed and no more orders will be allowed for that product.
      Thanks

Craig
      Participant

this is a great idea!…..it sounds like something that wooCommerce would have as a core feature or an add on. Have you searched woocommerce for that?

bobobrothers
      Participant

I have. WooCommerce has a paid plugin for it ($29). I also checked the WP plugin library and I was unable to find a suitable plugin. One did it only on the back end, not the front. Others had basic functionality in the free version but the pro versions always had the limit on backorders. I am also concerned with compatibility issues as my list of plugins is growing long.

Craig
      Participant

bobobrothers I see. that’s great info.

I also agree that core function is much better than another plugin.

Perhaps the WC Lovers team will consider it as a feature that help set them apart for other marketplace plugins.

bobobrothers
      Participant

Frankly, I think they already do that by make the core free while still including all of the necessary functionality… Nevertheless, seems like it should be a “simple” addition, if there is such this in programming… LOL

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.