Required fields in WCFM

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Z

Hello, I need to make the following fields required for vendors:

Paypal email

Custom Product Attribute – “Years of Experience”

Please let me know if possible.

Thank you,
      Brad

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI Brad,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

It’s absolutely possible to achieve.

Can you please show me screenshot of those fields so that I can help you accordingly!

Thank You
      Simha

sharkmediasport
      Participant

Hi,

I’m also interested in having paypal email adress mandatory.

Can you provide to code to do it ?

Thank you
      JF

Simha

Hi,

Yah sure, I will.

Please know me just which multi-vendor plugin you are using in!

Thank You

sharkmediasport
      Participant

Hi,

I’m using woocommerce product vendors.

Thank you
      JF

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Here is your custom code for the purpose –

function wcfm_wcpvendors_custom_settings_fields_billing( $billing_fields ) {
      	if( isset( $billing_fields['paypal'] ) ) {
      		$billing_fields['paypal']['custom_attributes'] = array( 'required' => 1 ); 
      	}
      	return $billing_fields;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_wcpvendors_settings_fields_billing', 'wcfm_wcpvendors_custom_settings_fields_billing', 50 );

Just add this code in your site child theme’s functions.php

Please know me is this works for you or not!

Thank You

sharkmediasport
      Participant

Hi,

yes thank you very much, it is now required. Ultimately I would love to have it required on the vendor registration form but I don’t think I’m at right place to ask.

Otherwise, your solution is good. Thanks !!

JF

Brad
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Brad

Hi sorry, the custom code posted above did not work for me. I also cannot seem to paste a print screen into this chat so can I send it somewhere?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

This code is for Vendor’s Settings page Billing -> PayPal Email, and not for Registration form.

Hope you are using WC Product Vendors default registration page?
      Let me try to find a solution for you.

You have register and logged in to send attachment here. Or you may also directly send them in mail – wclovers.contact@gmail.com

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I just found this article – https://nicola.blog/2016/04/19/adding-custom-fields-vendor-registration-form/

Hope this will helpful for you.

Thank You

sharkmediasport
      Participant

That’s very king of you, thanks for your time, I should be able to have something working from your link.

JF

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Welcome 🙂

Please know me if I can help you some other way.

Simha

bradziajor
      Participant

I do use WC Product Vendors and my request was for the Paypal field to be required on the WCFM screen, not registration. My other request was for a custom attribute to be made required. Screenshots attached for the custom attribute.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have already give you code for restrict PayPal field as required –

if( isset( $billing_fields['paypal'] ) ) {
      		$billing_fields['paypal']['custom_attributes'] = array( 'required' => 1 ); 
      	}
      	return $billing_fields;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_wcpvendors_settings_fields_billing', 'wcfm_wcpvendors_custom_settings_fields_billing', 50 );

It’s difficult set custom attribute as required as we have no clue how many custom attributes are there and which should be required!

Can you please know us purpose of this “Years of experience”, actually I am just trying to understand if this possible to achieve some other way!?

Thank You

bradziajor
      Participant

Unfortunately, the code does not work as I stated before. I do have another field set as required, will that make a difference? Here is the custom code I already have:

function wcfm_custom_product_manage_fields_advanced( $wcmp_advanced_fields ) {
      if( isset( $wcmp_advanced_fields[‘enable_reviews’] ) ) {
      $wcmp_advanced_fields[‘enable_reviews’][‘custom_attributes’] = array( ‘required’ => 1 );
      }
      return $wcmp_advanced_fields;
      }
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_product_manage_fields_advanced’, ‘wcfm_custom_product_manage_fields_advanced’, 50, 2 );

Also, I only have one custom attribute and that will be the only one required. It is to tell customers how many years of experience the service provider has with the product they are selling.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

That’s really strange, why this code is not working for you.

Just to mention, there is no connection between two codes.

I just want to confirm one thing, you are using this plugin, right? https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/

Thank You

bradziajor
      Participant

Yes, correct. I added this new code below the other code in Listify Child: Theme Functions (functions.php). I received an error that says “Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.”

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

There is no issue in this code, you may add this to your site. WP normally restrict PHP code update from WP editor.

For demo I have just added this in our Product vendor demo site, kindly take a look. – http://wcpvendors.wcfmdemos.com/wcfm/

if( isset( $billing_fields[‘paypal’] ) ) {
      $billing_fields[‘paypal’][‘custom_attributes’] = array( ‘required’ => 1 );
      }
      return $billing_fields;
      }
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_wcpvendors_settings_fields_billing’, ‘wcfm_wcpvendors_custom_settings_fields_billing’, 50 );

Our team is looking for solution for “custom attributes”.

Thank You

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Required fields in WCFM’ is closed to new replies.