Search for vendors on home screen. Results on different page

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Hello WC Lovers!

I am hard at work on my new project. I am sorry to have to come to you with this but after days of research I can’t find a viable solution.

I will open a marketplace so users can shop from local grocery stores (within 1 to 2km distance) and have products delivered same day or pick up from store.

I’d like to have my homepage just show an address bar, so user can impute their delivery address and search for nearby shops.

I would like to have the results being displayed on a new pag
      e, call it “Vendor List page” and be able to filter categories there, choose a store and star shopping.

I would also like to have the radius filter locked at 1km or 1.5km and BE hidden. Is it possible?

Attached Images of examples I am trying to imitate.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Hello all, I am wondering if my question is incorrectly posted in the forums or if its not a valid concern. Would like to know so I can move on and find a solution somewhere else. Please provide an answer. Thank you!

mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Hello again!

Regarding my question: “I would also like to have the radius filter locked at 1km or 1.5km and BE hidden. Is it possible?”

I found and answer in your forums that I could use to have the 1km option.

The question related to that is the following: Can I HIDE the radius filter in the [wcfm_stores] page but STILL have the address bar so customer can type address to find stores around?

Molay Das
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yes you can hide the radius filter option, just go to store-manager->Settings->GEO Location and you will find “Store List Radius Search” checkbox option, uncheck it and save , it will remove the radius filter from there.

Thanks,

mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Hello, thank you for answering.

As I mentioned in my post, If I remove the radius I also loose the address bar as shown in the images attached.

I want to remove the radius and still have the address bar.

Attachments:
      mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Here is the other image I was missing

Attachments:
      Molay Das
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please add the below css code to your child theme’s style.css file.

.wcfm_radius_slidecontainer {
          display: none !important;
      }

Thanks,

mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Hi, that worked perfectly!

Is there a way I can place the search box (category, address bar and radius) on my homepage and when customers press “search” it will take them to the store locator?

leab09
      Participant

I have the same request!

Results can be displayed on same page for us, doesn’t matter.

But t would be interesting to develop a way to ADD STORE LIST SEARCH BAR on LANDNG PAGE ?

Usually the search bar displays results of PRODUCTS while many of us need the search bar to look through SELLERS Categories and display SHOPS as a result.

Thank you!

mauro.chuchuy
      Participant

Hi, my request is different though.

I was wondering if the WCFM_stores location bar could be placed on the homescreen, once the customer enters address and press search THEN take customer to WCFM_store LIST.

See example HERE https://prnt.sc/sddfct

iain.sandison
      Participant

Im after similar things hope you get a solution, as this is a popular way to run a multistore at the moment

Molay Das
      Keymaster

Hi,

Store List search widgets will work in store list page only, it won’t work in any other pages.

Thanks,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.