Shipping issue per state vs. country issue.

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hello good wcfm team,

There is a a small issue with the shipping system.

I have 3 shipping zones.

A- Riyadh Province (a state)
      B- Eastern Province (a state)
      C- Saudi Arabia (a Country)

Now if i only add shipping to the country it will add to all states except Riyadh Province + Eastern Province they won’t have shipping in checkout even tho vendor did not add shipping to them. I’m not sure but I don’t think this issue appeared in Dokan.

I tried to limit country shipping by state and and did not add shipping to Riyadh Province + Eastern Province as well

Screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtz4b29g5r1plme/shipping%2031.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr8dtjoeh8swbfo/shipping%2032.jpg?dl=0

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi

I have tried to add same Country twice, so vendor can choose states inside each zone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/himp6f59ju2e34q/shipping%2033.JPG?dl=0

But at check out it will never show the 2nd shipping zone.

I want to add around 5 zones from same country, and vendors can add shipping to group of states in each zone.

ex :
      zone 1 vendor adds 3 states with flat rate of 50$
      zone 2 vendor adds 7 states with flat rate of 100$

currently this is not possible and I have to add zone for each state.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

I need help with this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

d-n-13
      Participant

@forum_wclovers
      Are you aware about this issue ?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We are setting up same shipping setting and check this.

Sorry, we have no clear idea about this yet!

Thanks for the details.

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      This is Sayan from WCfM team. I cannot re-create the steps in our local. Are you using any plugins for the state list of Saudi Arabia? And it will be really helpful if you can share the access of your site ones more so we can look into it.

Thank You.

d-n-13
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      d-n-13
      Participant

I just updated WooCommerce Frontend Manager – Ultimate to 5.0.2

So I don’t know if there are any hidden fixes, but I haven’t tested anything after this update. And it is not the Marketplace so I doubt it is related to the shipping issue.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCFM Ultimate is no way related to this.

This shipping is totally part of WCFM Marketplace plugin.

Between, thanks for the site details.

Thank You

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello @d-n-13,
      The code you wrote will not affect the shipping method.

To do the test I created 3 shipping zones in the admin ( See Screenshot1 )
      1. Riyadh Province – Riyadh
      2. Eastern Province – Dammam
      3. Saudi Arabia

Through the vendor account, If you want to ship to all states except Riyadh Province – Riyadh and Eastern Province – Dammam, you must leave zone1 ( Riyadh Province – Riyadh ) and zone2 (Eastern Province – Dammam ) without any shipping method and for zone 3 ( Saudi Arabia ) You should enter a shipping method but do not Limit Zone Location. Limiting zone location restricts shipping for those states only ( See Screenshot 2 and 3)
      Please feel free to ask for any further clarifications or if your requirement is anything else.

For your point regarding Adding the same Country twice I am looking into it and will get back to you.

Thank You

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Through the vendor account, If you want to ship to all states except Riyadh Province – Riyadh and Eastern Province – Dammam, you must leave zone1 ( Riyadh Province – Riyadh ) and zone2 (Eastern Province – Dammam ) without any shipping method and for zone 3 ( Saudi Arabia ) You should enter a shipping method but do not Limit Zone Location. Limiting zone location restricts shipping for those states only ( See Screenshot 2 and 3)
      Please feel free to ask for any further clarifications or if your requirement is anything else.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

So I have 26 states in my country, if I want all vendors to have the flexibility to add different shipping for states with different rates, do I have to add 26 zones ? it will be too much and vendor will have hard time adding shipping to each one of them, and it will be hard to expand outside of Saudi Arabia as I cannot bother vendors with even more zones..

“For your point regarding Adding the same Country twice I am looking into it and will get back to you.”

I was thinking to add 3 or 4 Zones of the same country (Saudi Arabia 4 times) and then vendors can limit each zone for group of states. Better than adding 26 zones for 26 states.

Thank You.

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      I have looked into the point you mentioned about Adding the same Country twice

Actually, the zone settings of WCfM Marketplace extend WooCommerce shipping zone and WooCommerce by default selects only one(the first matching) shipping zone from all the matching shipping zones based on the customer country at checkout.

In default WooComerce if the admin makes 2 Zones (1. Zone1 – Saudi Arabia – Flatrate Shipping, 2. Zone2 – Saudi Arabia – Local Pickup ) During checkout if the customer selects any sates in Saudi Arabia always Zone1 – Saudi Arabia – Flatrate Shipping. will be selected as the customer zone.

So in WCfM when the vendors are limiting states in Zone1 and Zone2 only the stares which are limited in Zone 1 are being reflected in the checkout as Zone 1 is selected in the checkout by default by WooCommerce.

Thank You.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

1- I have 26 states in my country, if I want all vendors to have the flexibility to add different shipping for each state with different rates, do I have to add 26 zones ?

2- What are the alternative solutions ?

3- Will the new shipping feature Shipping By Product fix this issue ?

Thank You

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Hope you are using only selling and shipping in Saudi Arabia. In that case, I guess you can try out Shipping by Country instead of Shipping by Zone.
      You need to restrict selling and shipping country to Saudi Arabia in Woocomerce Settings panel ( Screenshot Attached ). And from vendor dashboard vendor needs to select states in country Saudi Arabia and set the shipping costs as required ( Screenshot Attached ). We can hide the additional fields in Shipping by Country which are not required by you. I have set up shipping by country for the test vendor Vendor50.

3. Will the new shipping feature Shipping By Product fix this issue?
      >> No, The shipping by product works per product and is quite different to your requirement.

Thank You

Attachments:
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hello,

I am a bug frustrated..

I am aware of how shipping by country work from using Dokan previously, but it doesn’t work well for few reasons.

1- I cannot set shipping from Saudi Arabia only To All Countries. (both takes the countries from Selling Locations which is weird, shipping countries data should be taken from Shipping Location not Selling Locations. https://wclovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Admin-Shipping-Selling-Zones.png )

2- In Zone Shipping vendor can add multiple methods in 1 state, such as local pickup and shipping and also can change the title, but in Shipping by Country you cannot.

Please, Can WCLovers team please improve Zone Shipping or Shipping by Country or find a better shipping option ? will integrating table rates be a better option ?

Thank You.

d-n-13
      Participant

Additional to my previous post.

3- Shipping By Country don’t have “Everywhere Else” option under countries, only have “Everywhere Else” under states.

4- Local Pickup not showing for me if price is 0.

d-n-13
      Participant

Additional to my previous post.

5- In Shipping By Country I lock selling location to Saudi Arabia only, and Shipping to all countries, but when vendor try to ship he can only see Saudi Arabia, this problem doesn’t appear in Zone Shipping when admin set zones he can still see all countries.

Screenshot : https://www.dropbox.com/s/fngdd2hkoje4yas/shipping%20by%20country.jpg?dl=0

Thank You.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Can I get a follow up on this Topic please ?

Thank You.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I am sorry for delayed response, actually we have to be sure which possible to achieve and which not possible!

Well, we will implement 1,4,5 in next update be sure.

We are still checking 2 & 3, I will update you soon.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Any updates ?

Thank You

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      The work is still in progress for the point nos 1,4,5. The next update will definitely solve the problems mentioned in those points.
      Thank You.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Good news,

regarding point 3

(3- Shipping By Country don’t have “Everywhere Else” option under countries, only have “Everywhere Else” under states.)

I have some vendors that wish to ship to all the world, this cannot be done easily using shipping by country ? for their situation they will have to do shipping by zone right ?

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      In the point 1 you mentioned, if the admin restricts the Shipping Locations to specific countries ie ( Shipping Location(s) -> Ship to specific countries only )
      Then all the shipping countries for all the vendors and the customers will be restricted to the countries specified there. In the shipping calculator also the countries will be restricted. This is the default WooCommerce flow.

So if you want to have some vendors ship to all the world, it is better to keep the shipping countries unrestricted from the admin end and let the vendors choose between country wise shipping and zone wise shipping.

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Okay I think this will work, I mean.. no other plugin doing t better than yours anyways.

I’ll wait for 1,4,5 fix next update.

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

New version released, kindly check this.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

“New version released, kindly check this.”

Thanks for your awesome updates, shipping is 99% fixed.

Issue : Country cost doesn’t do anything : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wij9sl592pr98f1/shipping%20by%20country%202.jpg?dl=0

Everything else works fine so far, I can’t find other issues.

Thank You

d-n-13
      Participant

Also, I have a question if you don’t mind.

Is it possible for admin to do shipping settings for the vendors? as some may not know how to do it themselves .

Thank You

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      “Issue : Country cost doesn’t do anything”–

>> Couldn’t relate the issue with the screenshot attached https://www.dropbox.com/s/wij9sl592pr98f1/shipping%20by%20country%202.jpg?dl=0

If you are talking about the cost below the country name in “Shipping by Country” It will only work if no states are selected for the country ie for the whole country.
      If 1 or more state is selected and price for the remaining states are needed to be set, the price of “Everywhere Else” in the state list is needed to be set.

“Is it possible for admin to do shipping settings for the vendors? as some may not know how to do it themselves.”
      >> It is currently not possible. But we will be working on this soon.

Thank You.

Attachments:
      d-n-13
      Participant

Hi,

Apologies for posting a wrong screenshot,

And, I did as you said and it works exactly like you described

Issue is fixed

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Glad the shipping is working for you now, so I’m closing the topic for now. Please feel free to reach us for any other assistance.
      Thank You.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Shipping issue per state vs. country issue.’ is closed to new replies.