Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace › Forums › WCFM – Groups & Staffs › Shop Manager looses settings when associated with Group
- February 11, 2018 at 9:44 am #18928
We are having a bug in the Groups and Staffs plugin wherein we are loosing the settings page and some menu options. Steps to reproduce:
1. Login with WordPress admin user account either to the WP dashboard or the WCFM
2. Create an User with Shop Manager role (Lets say – shopmgr)
3. Login to Shop Manager WCFM dashboard and check out the page – wcfm/settings is accessible
4. Create a Group (Lets say – Free – Individual)
5. Edit the Group, in the ‘Managers’ accordion section, associate the Manager with the Group.
6. Login to the Shop Manager WCFM dashboard, you will see some of the Menu items missing.
Let me know if I am missing out on anything.
- February 11, 2018 at 2:36 pm #18954
This is not a bug, it’s intentional.
Actually, we have divided Shop Managers in two roles – Shop Manager and Group Manager.
Whenever you are assigning a Shop manager toa group it becomes Group Manager.
Now, Group Managers are mainly for managing group vendors’ products and orders, off course not for managing whole Dashboard Setting – so setting panel is by default disabled for them.
Just to mention, for group managers report is also minimal till now as it’s really difficult to generate such reports for a group of vendors.
In fact, we can but then site will goes down as that query will be too large and complex, so we skip that for now as well.
Thanks for discovering this and reach us for clarification.
- February 12, 2018 at 2:19 am #18979This reply has been marked as private.
- February 12, 2018 at 6:05 am #18981
OK, I understand the issue you are facing with. That’s true right now Group manager’s are not revert back to normal manager mode if removed from groups.
We call it a bug even, will add some fix on this in next update.
And for stopping managers’ from adding themselves in a group – just disable Groups Manage capability for managers.
Are you using WCFM Membership as well? If so then no need to add users to the group manually. Vendors will be automatically associated with the group on subscription registration.
- February 12, 2018 at 8:26 am #18983
Thanks for quick reply yet again!
We’ll rather wait for the fix than not give Shop Manager the access to the Groups page. If a new Membership is added, we want the Shop Manager to be able to define a new Group if need be for flexibility sake.
Yes, we are using WCFM Membership. But, we are also letting the Shop Manager to define new Memberships. Hence, the issue!
Thanks again for your inputs. We’ll go with the workaround for the moment until we get a permanent fix.
- February 14, 2018 at 6:59 am #19075
WCFM Groups & Staffs 1.3.6 has just released and resolve this issue.
Kindly update your and take a look.
- February 14, 2018 at 9:01 am #19083
Awesome work, it all works good now.
Keep up the awesomeness!
- February 14, 2018 at 2:32 pm #19101
Thank you very much 🙂
- The topic ‘Shop Manager looses settings when associated with Group’ is closed to new replies.