Shop vendor 404 Title SEO

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Eddy Trivulce
      Participant

Hi

All the title of my stores are 404 for SEO and i don’t know why ?

See pictures on the top corner left

Thank You

Eddy

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using any SEO plugin for the site?

If no, please use this – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/

Thank You

Eddy Trivulce
      Participant

Hi,

Yes i use The SEO Framework like plugin. https://fr.wordpress.org/plugins/autodescription/

I desactivate it and now the title is ok but i don’t wan’t to use an other plugin.

This plugin is very good for SEO and easy to use.

It’s the one that slows the least my site in those I tested.

I desactivate SEO in Capacity options but the result is the same

What can i do ?

Thank You

Eddy

Eddy Trivulce
      Participant

Hi,

I think the solution would be to completely disable SEO, is there a line of code that can do that?

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I think the solution would be to completely disable SEO, is there a line of code that can do that?

– Well, this issue coming due to theme template. Which theme you are using for the site?

Disabling SEO plugin will not resolve this. That’s why I asked you to use a particular SEO plugin to override theme’s SEO options.

Thank You

Eddy Trivulce
      Participant

Hi

I changed the theme I used and i choose one that you thought was compatible.
      The theme I’m using now is “My Listing” but I do not think the problem comes from there.
      I asked the developer of the SEO plugin that I use and here is what he replied to me :

“TSF only listens to your WordPress environment; it doesn’t influence the environment.
      Once a 404 page is found, TSF relays that information towards visitors and search engines by outputting a 404 title and setting the noindex robots’ property.
      Now, it seems that the WCFM-endpoint you listed don’t list the products well. Once there are products, WCFM should no longer output a 404 error.
      And, when the 404-issue is resolved, TSF should also act accordingly.”

so the 404 title is returned by my SEO plugin when there are no products in the shop and probably because the endpoint of the store is configured on the Product tab and I think it’s not a good configuration. You should configure this endpoint on the root of the store.

So I added a product to do the test and now I have an untitled page.

The plugin developer gave me a piece of code to disable the SEO plugin for on the WCFM STORE pages so it works but that does not solve everything.

So I was seeing how it worked on your vendor demo and the title that is returned from the seo of your configuration to the root of the store is this :

<title>Demo Vendor – Products – WCFM Marketplace</title>

which proves what I said above and that your endpoint is configured on the Product tab of the shop.

I tried to change the title in the SEO setup and nothing changes the result is the same and this only implies the SEO Title.

For the meta description and keywords, that’s ok.

I hope that it’s could help you.

Sorry for the novel 😉

Kind Regards

Eddy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Shop vendor 404 Title SEO’ is closed to new replies.