Short Description Shortcode

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      agoenui
      Participant

Hello, May I ask a help? About possibility Vendor Short Description area can parsing shortcode?

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Are you looking for executable short code within short description editor box?
      I am not very clear with your query, can you please give us a bit more details on the same!

Thank You

agoenui
      Participant

Yes. That is right

I wanna put executable shortcode in short description

Thank you

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have to check if this possible to achieve or not!

Please give us a bit time, I will know you soon.

Thank You

agoenui
      Participant

Sure. Thank you very much

oanhtran1804
      Participant

Hi. I used “the_content” filter keyword to search about disabled shortcode submited by user in frontend (not disabled admin in backend)
      I found this post maybe usefull, but as none developer, i can’t find my own right coded

@wclover
      , if you find the discussion bellow is right solution, can you please create a spinned code, which is correct use for your plugin for us.
      https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/1146#issuecomment-327852192

Best regrads,

Simha

Hi,

So you want to stripout added shortcodes by the vendors,please rectify me if I am wrong!

It’s possible, I will send you best possible solution for this in very soon.

Thank You

agoenui
      Participant

Yups, In Vendor Settings – Short Description. We can add shortcode, and the editor will execute that shortcode.

Thank you

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      oanhtran1804
      Participant

Yes. I wanted the same agoenui, but “text editor” of web, not only short description, description and profile feilds. To secure i want: stripout added shortcodes for all editor in frontend which created by all roles (vendor, staff….etc.) except admin who allowed to add shortcode in backend (only) and shortcode can be live.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Here is the code for strip short codes from vendor’s content –

function wcfm_editor_content_strip_shortcodes( $content ) {
        if ( wcfm_is_vendor() ) {
          $content = strip_shortcodes( $content );
        }
        return $content;
      }
      add_filter( 'wcfm_editor_content_before_save', 'wcfm_editor_content_strip_shortcodes' );

Please know me is this works for you or not!

Thank You

agoenui
      Participant

Hello, That code is not works for me. Just for clarify

What I ask for help is in Vendor Settings – Store – Short Description. The text area can parsing shortcode (Which is now disable by default, shortcode will not appear as a result in the vendor page/short description)

So when Vendor put shortcode in that text area, the result will appear. I use WC marketplace. So I need that my vendor can put shortcode, and can have the shortcode result

😀

Many thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi @agoenui,

This code is not definitely for you, in fact your requirement is opposite to this.

I am really sorry for the miss-communication, two users talking in same thread but their requirement totally opposite creates this mess.

We are still looking for the most suitable solution for your request, please don’t use this code at all.

I am really apologize again for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for your patience.

Shhiv

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Short Description Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.