Show/Hide ACF fields based on product type

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM Show/Hide ACF fields based on product type

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rami
      Participant

Hi, I have only two types for products; simple and appointable, and I use ACF fields and groups in my products.
      The problem that all ACF fields and groups are visible in WCFM dashboard for the vendors when they create a new product, but I need only a specific group to be visible at each type of products.
      i.e: group1 visible for simple product and not for appointable
      field1 visible for simple product and not for appointable.
      Can you assist me with that? I need these visibility conditions only in the vendor’s dashboard, so my vendors don’t get confused about them.
      Thanks.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

For ACF fields there is no possibilities to show fields by Product Type, it only available for Toolset.

But using ACF you may setup this with the help of category.

Create two product categories – one for simple product and another for Appointment products.

For simple product field groups add condition with it’s category and do the same for Appointment products fields group.

You will have fields group in product manager as per category selection.

Thank You

Rami
      Participant

Thank you very much for your response, I will try to do that.

If you allow me I have another question:
      in the orders dashboard the vendor can see orders by (Guest) only and can’t see the name of the customer, where I can change this? I can see the name of the customer from the admin dashboard but not the vendor’s one.
      I use wc-marketplace, wc-appointments and WCFM ultimate.
      Thanks.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Don’t worry, we will take care of this in next update.

It’s possible to show customer name from “Billing Details”.

Thank You

Rami
      Participant

Thank you very much, I appreciate your ELITE support.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Between, can you please show me your “Customer Capability” setting for vendors?

Thank You

Rami
      Participant

Thank you, you gave me a point to start with.
      I have played a little with the capabilities of the vendor related to customers, and the name of the customer appeared in the orders dashboard as I requested above, but indeed I got confused now, because what I need is to display the customer name only, but what happens is that all of the customer details are shown in the order page, including his e-mail and phone number and billing address, which I don’t need my vendors to see, I am running an online teaching and training courses, and I need to keep the contact details of each role to be hidden.
      I have deactivated the shipping address from woocommerce account page, because as I mentioned I have only virtual products, so shipping is not involved in my site workflow.
      Right now I have set all the customer settings in the capabilities dashboard to be “on” (except of the ability to view the shipping address), so what exactly the settings to turn off, in order to allow vendors to see customer’s name only, and hide the e-mail, phone number, and billing address? and that also when the vendor display the order not only in the orders page.
      Thank you.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Don’t worry, that’s why I asked you this.

Well, we are going to add a separate capability for showing only customer’s name.

Thank You

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Show/Hide ACF fields based on product type’ is closed to new replies.