Single Product multiple vendor

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      migjimsan87
      Participant

I want vendors to be able to sell the same products. I selected WP-Marketplace beacuse of this feature. I am finding it very difficult to implement, without sucess for the moment.

Would you let me know what are the steps i need to follow to set same product to different vendors, and allow them do it from their dashboard?

Best regards

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

You just have to enable “Single Product Multi seller” settings from wp-admin -> WCMp -> Settings

Now when ever a vendor trying to create a product and insert some text in “Product Title” field they will have suggestion for matching products with same text.
      Click on any of those suggestions and that vendor will become another seller fro that product.

Please know me is this working for you or not!

Thank You

migjimsan87
      Participant

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the support. I tried this but it creates a (copy) product when using the suggestions instead of selling under the same, or variations of the same. I understand each product must have an unique URL or SKU. The problem is that it creates a separated product for each vendor instead of creating one in which the customer can select the vendor they like upon their prices, attributes etc.

There must be something I am not doing correctly. May I need to tune up a bit the product type? Should they be single / variable?

Thanks a lot for your help!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

You have done this correctly.

WC Marketplace single product multi-seller works like this, it creates separate product for each vendor.

Are you getting “Other Sellers” tab at single product page?

Thank You

migjimsan87
      Participant

Aham… okay!

No, not getting this tab, just a mention to the single vendor. And also getting separated product pages, instead of grouping them onto a single one. I tried creating a separated grouped product. But it lists the different options instead showing single product + other sellers tab.

I have different attributes for each product, shall this have influence?

Thank you very much!!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

For demo I have just created this product in our demo – http://wcfmgs.wcfmdemos.com/product/new-pro/

You may also try here using two vendors – http://wcfmgs.wcfmdemos.com/my-account

Thank You

migjimsan87
      Participant

Hey Thank you very much, I checked and I think I know what is the issue now.

When a new vendor starts selling an existing product, a duplicated product is created for this vendor. These products are related to each other by this duplication and product page shows “more offers” option and “other vendors” dropdown menu.

No matter the type of the original product (simple, variable..). The duplicated product created is always a simple product. If the second vendor wants to sell a variable product. By the moment the vendor makes this product variable, the relationship between original and duplicated product is lost and then, the “more offers” tab says there are no offers and the “other vendors” dropdown menu dissapears.

In the case original product type is simple, and then first vendor changes it to variable. The relation between products is maintained.

I need to be able to duplicate variable products for my vendors.
      Could you please let me know if this is happening because it is coded this way for some reason? Or maybe it is my configuration or plugins installed what can be causing this issue?

Thanks a lot for your support, it is really appreciated!

Best regards

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

You got concept right.

We are checking this simple -> Variable duplication issue.

Thank You

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Single Product multiple vendor’ is closed to new replies.