Stripe 3D Secure and SCA

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I can see that you have updated the stripe split pay to use SCA 🙂

in the attached screenshot

1. where do we get the Wirecard details from? I cant see these on stripes site
      2. if I tick Stripe 3D secure and SCA then the Direct Charges Select box disappears!

does the 3d secure and SCA update respect the split pay mode I have selected?

we pass 100% of the sale to vendors

Steve

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

1. where do we get the Wirecard details from? I cant see these on stripes site
      – Wirecard details not require. it’s another payment gateway. Fields are visible by mistake, or possibly due to caching!

2. if I tick Stripe 3D secure and SCA then the Direct Charges Select box disappears!
      – Stripe Split pay Charge API not yet supported by SCA and 3D Secure.It only supported by Intent API.
      So, we have no other option than “Transfer Commission”.
      We have wait so ling as expecting Stripe will add that in Charge API, but not yet!
      You may talk to Stripe support for this as well, whether they are going to support this or not?

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

Sorry I don’t really understand point 2

Are you saying that stripe split pay does not support direct charges with the new SCA requirement

I haven’t seen that documented

If that’s the case, then that’s just blown apart my complete business model

What’s transfer commission?

How does that work, we pass 100% of all sales to the vendor, so who now pays the stripe fee? Us as the site admin or the vendor

If your saying that we pay the stripe fee, then I’m going to have a long hard think if my business is now even worth running

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

I have just spoken to stripe support via chat
      They have said that nothing has changed in relation to direct charges and the SCA AND 3D secure regulation

Direct charges still work

So now I’m completely confused

With your implementation if we pass 100% of the sale to the vendor, who pays the stripe transaction fee

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

Been looking and found this

https://stripe.com/docs/connect/destination-charges

Shows the charges API Is available

The “specify the settlement merchant section” states to use “on_behalf_of” attribute to set who pays the stripe fee

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

just tested and with your implementation, we as site admins pay the stripe fees!!!!

speaking to Stripe support again below is what they have stated

well basically if you’re using payment intents then you’re SCA compliant you can still do direct charges using payment intents

https://stripe.com/docs/connect/direct-charges

this is a direct conflict to what you are saying!!!

– Stripe Split pay Charge API not yet supported by SCA and 3D Secure. It only supported by Intent API.

I am completely confused by this, Stripe says it can be done, you say it cant (at least not yet) im totally staggered that the day this becomes law in the EU this has come to light!

As it stands I’m going to have to either
      1. place my store into catalogue mode until this can be coded into your plugin
      2. turn off the site

the hole business and marketing has been based on charging no sales fees!!

Please advise, my who business model, and im sure others who use your software depend on this

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

I have been banging my head against a wall all day over this.

if I disable the new SCA and 3D secure direct charge works as expected 100% is passed instantly to the vendor

but

seeing as now with your plugin when SCA and 3D secure is enabled we gat charged the stripe fee how can I set the system up so that we charge the vendor these fees

If I set the commission to

admin 3% plus 0.20 then nothing is transferred to the vendor??????

if I pass 100% to the vendor all the money goes to them and we are charged the fee

how can I set the system up so we receive 3% + 0.20P of each transaction and pass the rest to the vendor instantly!!!!

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

I don’t want to go down the route of taking any commission from vendors, we need to keep the sales workflow the same as we currently have using split pay and direct charges

We need to pass 100% of the sales to the vendors at the point of sale instantly and for vendors to be the first merchant on file, the vendors must pay the transaction fee for each sale, not us.

This is how our marketplace works currently and this is how it needs to going forward.

Stripe support have indicated that the SCA and 3D secure requirements are able to achieve this as per the posts above.

Steve

me
      Participant

Hi sdel_nevo,

I think this issue will get solved sooner or later, they just didn’t spend enough time on implementing it.
      They were still rolling out SCA-related updates yesterday. Eventually they’ll get it right.

Regarding your other problem with vendors having access to all media files, I was struggling with that too.
      I came up with a code snippet that solves it without altering user roles or permissions.
      Strangely enough, this forum doesn’t seem to let me post any come. Pretty annoying.

By the way, we seem to be building very similar products with the exact same set of plugins and strategy, and so we’re facing the same technical challenges as well. I’m also struggling with WC Appointments’ Google sync, and experimenting with adding the staff role to vendors to solve it. I’m also using Direct Charge with Stripe Split Payment, so the SCA issue is also relevant for me. Perhaps there are ways we could help each other more directly. Feel free to email me at mihaly[at]getspiral.com .

Cheers

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Me

yes it does sound like we have very similar projects
      i have dropped you a mail to your e-mail address

Cheers

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have just spoken to stripe support via chat
      They have said that nothing has changed in relation to direct charges and the SCA AND 3D secure regulation

– That’s right, charges API does not change.

But, problem is that, for SCA we have to use Stripe Intent API where is charge user card automatically if SCA validation pass.
      We can not apply Split option here as one order may have only one intent id which is used to charge that card.

But, if we have to create direct charge for vendors then we have to charge that user multiple time, for each vendors once. This is not possible using intent API.

Intent API also support connected account (vendor), but only one. So, if an order has only one vendor then only we can apply that, but for multiple vendors it will not work!

Stripe Charges API – https://stripe.com/docs/charges
      It’s clearly written, it’s not SCA ready – https://ibb.co/LgKLFQG

Intent API – https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-intents/use-cases#one-time-payments
      It allow to pass only one connected account and only once this can be call for an order – https://ibb.co/zNXtYjS

Thank You

me
        Participant

Intent API also support connected account (vendor), but only one. So, if an order has only one vendor then only we can apply that, but for multiple vendors it will not work!

That is exactly what I need! In my case orders are always from a single vendor. Could you please implement at least that? You could set it up so it falls back to manual withdrawal in case of multiple vendors in the same order. This is super important for many of us.

Notice that Stripe will not change this. They clearly state in their documentation that direct charges approach can only handle cases where a single connected account is involved in the transaction. So it’s not a temporary thing, there is no point waiting for this to change on Stripe’s side.

What you can do, however, is implement the “single connected account” use-case, which is already possible and many of us can’t run our business without it.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        me
        Participant

Another question. There is a disclaimer next to the SCA checkbox in WCFM payment settings:

3D Secure and SCA ready transaction is only supported when both your platform and the connected account (Vendor) are in the same region: both in Europe or both in the U.S.

This is almost certainly wrong. If it’s coming from Stipe’s “separate charges and transfers” approach documentation, what they say there is “This approach is only fully supported when both your platform and the connected account are in the U.S. or Europe.” – This is NOT the same as what you are saying. A US-Europe cross-transaction should still work according to Stripe. Also, the separate charges and transfers approach is not the only way that is SCA compliant. Please implement the other method with Intent API for single-vendor orders.

I’m still not sure you understand the significance of all this. If all vendor revenue flows through our company accounts, that means we have to account for orders of magnitude more revenue than what we actually have. That means orders of magnitude more taxes and administration, which means our businesses are no longer viable. So we have to find a way around that, by using the Intent API for single-vendor orders at least, to let Stripe directly transfer vendor revenue without it hitting our account.

Can you help us with that a bit more proactively?
        Thank you.

WCFM Forum
          Keymaster

HI,

“This approach is only fully supported when both your platform and the connected account are in the U.S. or Europe.”

AND

“3D Secure and SCA ready transaction is only supported when both your platform and the connected account (Vendor) are in the same region: both in Europe or both in the U.S.”

– I am not very sure how these two statement differ.

Anyway, you want to use “Direct Charge” option as before when an order will have only one vendor, right?

We will implement that, no worries!

Thank You

me
            Participant

you want to use “Direct Charge” option as before when an order will have only one vendor, right?
            We will implement that, no worries!

Awesome news, thanks a lot, guys! When can we expect this to be released?

About the disclaimer text, the original text suggests that “EU <-> US” transactions are possible, while your version suggests that only “EU <-> EU” and “US <-> US” transactions are possible.

kuldeek
            Participant

Hi,

Is there an update on this. We have use case where we allow only single vendor products and use Stripe connect for splitting the commission. This worked fine with Credit card payments; but failed for debit card payments. Which turned out to be a SCA stuff mandatory for debit card payments in India. Now when we enabled SCA in WCFM; it changes charge type to Destination and complete amount goes to platform and vendor gets nothing. Can you please help me implement my use case. We have been struggling with this for few weeks now and our vendors are struggling a lot when their customers get payment error with debit cards; as we could not get it to work with SCA and Split connect direct charge for single vendor cart checkouts.

Regards,
            Kuldeep Kumar.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

Thanks for the update, in your opinion do you think that in the near future stipe will update the charges API

If they do, will you be able to update the plugin to accommodate this

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

in your opinion do you think that in the near future stipe will update the charges API

– Hope so. That’s the reason we waited so long and release SCA compatibility update at very last moment 🙁

Thank You

news8
      Participant

Hello,

I also need the Stripe split pay, so if I fully understood, for now we can’t use it with SCA and 3D Secure ? will it work without it ? what’s the difference between having SCA and 3D Secure active and having it disabled ?

What about the 3 different modes existing ? I didn’t understand well what they are exactly ? what direct charge, Charge > Destination and Charge > Transfert means exactly ?

is the split payment’s working only to a stripe account ? so if I want to split, the vendor must have stripe configured ? is it working from stripe to a bank account or to Paypal ? if not and if I only want the split payment should I disable the paypal and bank account option ?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I also need the Stripe split pay, so if I fully understood, for now we can’t use it with SCA and 3D Secure ? will it work without it ? what’s the difference between having SCA and 3D Secure active and having it disabled ?

– Yeah, without SCA it will work.

What about the 3 different modes existing ? I didn’t understand well what they are exactly ? what direct charge, Charge > Destination and Charge > Transfert means exactly ?

– Please check this – https://stripe.com/docs/charges

is the split payment’s working only to a stripe account ? so if I want to split, the vendor must have stripe configured ? is it working from stripe to a bank account or to Paypal ? if not and if I only want the split payment should I disable the paypal and bank account option ?

– No, this is not work for PayPal. We have different addon for PayPal – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-frontend-manager-direct-paypal/

Thank You

news8
        Participant

– No, this is not work for PayPal.

And is it working from Stripe To a bank account too ? or the split option only works from stripe to stripe ?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

split option only works from stripe to stripe ?

– Right, Split only work for Stripe.

Recently we have added another new split payment gateway “Wirecard/Moip”, not sure whether this works for your county or not!

Thank You

paul-8288
      Participant

With stripe moving away from the charges API, and going to the Payments intent API,they have now created a new payments method API which uses intent to provide different ways to handle payments.

Full details on how to use the payments Method API with connect accounts is here, this should mean we can have full choice on accounts, payment types etc.
      https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-methods/connect

Details on the Payment Methods API generally is here
      https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-methods

Also did you know the ‘connect’ button for vendors now defaults to ‘Express’ connect accounts, not standard, so anyone who has updated may notice new vendors are connected with an express account now.

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      By default the connect button connects to express account, but if needed can be changed to Standard. Though you can’t mix it. If you want to change it to Standard then use the following code-
      add_filter( 'wcfm_is_allow_stripe_express_api', '__return_false' );
      I hope this answers your question.
      Thank You!

paul-8288
      Participant

Yes thanks I worked this out.

Do you plan to use the new Payment Methods API so we can choose our payment options, this fixes all the above problems.

n your opinion do you think that in the near future stipe will update the charges API

– Hope so. That’s the reason we waited so long and release SCA compatibility update at very last moment

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      For 3D secure payments we are already using PaymentIntent API.
      Thank You!

paul-8288
      Participant

Yes but you might need to look at Payment METHODs API also to provide full connect functionality.

Thank you.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.