Stripe Connect – which type?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jamie O’Reilly
      Participant

Hi

We’re looking to use only Stripe Connect for our marketplace and I was wondering whether you have any recommendations regarding their three options; Standard, Express or Custom as I’m struggling to understand which is best for a WCFM Ultimate marketplace. Can you advise?

Thanks

Jamie

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Jamie

we’ve gone down the standard route, this fits our business model, we have opted for direct charges so that the vendor is responsible for refunds, the stripe fee and chargebacks as we pass 100% of the sale to them

this document https://stripe.com/docs/connect/accounts is a good read

and it will give you more information regarding the options you have

Steve

aemr45
      Participant

Hi sdel_nevo, how do you handle when one buyer adds to cart products from more than one vendor? since i know with stripe connect you need to set only one vendor for transaction since they can´t split funds from a single charge between different sellers using Connect see this link

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

split pay with multiple vendors has worked for us, we have tested this with up to 5 different vendors and payments split correctly although the checkout page was very slow, we did have issues with the site timing out a move to a new host resolved this.

that’s the problem with the charges API, that’s why we are currently not using SCA

we are not using SCA, just split pay with direct charges

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.