Stripe SCA Authentication

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      me
      Participant

Hi,

Stripe transactions will no longer work after Sept 14 if the API integration is not updated to SCA.
      https://stripe.com/docs/strong-customer-authentication
      Has this been implemented already? Including both Stripe Split Payment and Membership payments?
      It’s been discussed here already and you promised to implement it but I haven’t heard anything since.

Thanks!

EK
      Participant

Hi,

We all received emails from stripe informing us that our integration was not compliant with SCA and risks failed payments from Europe. Can you kindly confirm that you will update this by 14th of September.

This is important for ALL your clients since no payment from Europe or in Europe will be possible after 14th September unless your stripe gateway is compliant with SCA and I was surprised that stripe emailed us specifically to warn us today. We upvote this post as it is ultra important. We did not post before since we saw the previous post linked above where you had promised to update within 14th September.

Thanks a lot for keeping is updated about this 🙂 Have a nice week ahead.

Cheers,
      AK

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Don’t worry, we will take care of this in WCFM Stripe integrations.

Thank You

me
        Participant

With all due respect, this answer makes me even more worried, since there’s only a few days left, and you need time for bugfixes as well. If you don’t ship in a few days, this will be a mess. So replying “don’t worry” without an ETA is not exactly reassuring. You already told us not to worry in June and nothing happened, that is exactly why we started to worry now. When are you planning to release this?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, WCFM Marketplace Stripe connect and Split pay was build using “Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)” from very first day. It uses Stripe latest API version (V3).

It does not require any special attention for this.

– Still I mentioned this, as if any issue comes we will take care of that immediately. That actually will be Bug fixing.

Thank You

Mike_H
      Participant

We now have 12 days to get this resolved and we don’t think you have done this. We have received a notification from Stripe that part of our integration is still not compliant.

Being 4 months after the advertised implementation date and still not fully working is inexcusable in my mind. Please can you reassure us that this is going to be released and updated this week?

me
        Participant

They no longer reply to any questions regarding SCA implementation. They simply ignore you if you ask anything about that. Clever solution, isn’t it?

Mike_H
      Participant

No, hence our preparation to jump ship to another system

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, WCFM Marketplace already has Stripe SCA compatibility – https://ibb.co/QnLrTff

What kind of issues you are getting with this integration?

We can add support as per Stripe documentation and what they support till now.

Stripe has 3 types of Charge API, but all not yet supported by SCA. Only “separate charges and transfer” API support this – https://stripe.com/docs/connect/charges-transfers

Thank You

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.