Subscription products in the Multivendor plugin

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request Subscription products in the Multivendor plugin

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Dani M.

Hi guys!

I’m trying to find a multivender markeplace platform that allows sellers to list subscription products for sale (like subscription boxes).

Is this possible? I couldn’t find any information on it.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCFM Marketplace compatible with Subscription products.

Well, for this you also require WC Subscriptions plugin – https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-subscriptions/

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

I’m interested in this subscription integration and I have two questions.

1. If we have the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin does this allow the “recurring” subscription $ to process automatically when the next payment is due?

For example if the subscription product is purchased for $20 / month Does the next month purchase happen automatically (on day 31) or does the customer need to take some action to approve the next months payment?

2. If we use this WooCommerce subscriptions plugin to also process the membership payments to our site does that recurring payment also happen automatically?

This is what I had to do I’m my previous marketplace website that I had this set up (WooCommerce Subscriptions) using WC Vendors and WC Vendors Pro. Successful subscription would change the account to “vendor” and then the monthly or yearly payment would be automatic BUT I have to specifically register with PayPal to allow automatic recurring payments.
      I also needed to install a plugin “WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments” to change the “add to cart” button to a “subscription” button so the customer is directed to a paypal gateway to set up the automatic payment confirmation.

Thanks for your assistance.
      Craig

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

1. If we have the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin does this allow the “recurring” subscription $ to process automatically when the next payment is due?

For example if the subscription product is purchased for $20 / month Does the next month purchase happen automatically (on day 31) or does the customer need to take some action to approve the next months payment?

**** WC Subscription plugin has setting for this – Automatic Payment or Manual Payment

2. If we use this WooCommerce subscriptions plugin to also process the membership payments to our site does that recurring payment also happen automatically?

This is what I had to do I’m my previous marketplace website that I had this set up (WooCommerce Subscriptions) using WC Vendors and WC Vendors Pro. Successful subscription would change the account to “vendor” and then the monthly or yearly payment would be automatic BUT I have to specifically register with PayPal to allow automatic recurring payments.
      I also needed to install a plugin “WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments” to change the “add to cart” button to a “subscription” button so the customer is directed to a paypal gateway to set up the automatic payment confirmation.

**** Please confirm this from “WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments” plugin author, does this works with WC Subscription or not!

Well, you may setup WCFM Membership using WC Products to use WC Subscriptions (https://youtu.be/SfOMIxNfr3w)

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for this feedback.

Can you clarify something:
      Once we make these subscriptions so we can attach to a membership definition -What vendor do we assign that subscription product to? Do we need to create an Admin Marketplace vendor account and add those subscriptions to that vendor account?

Is there an instruction page on this perhaps?
      I did not see this level of detail on this page ( https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-membership/ )

Thanks
      Craig

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Once we make these subscriptions so we can attach to a membership definition -What vendor do we assign that subscription product to? Do we need to create an Admin Marketplace vendor account and add those subscriptions to that vendor account?

*** Why vendor account required? You just have to create a subscription product and associate this with membership plan. Just see this – https://youtu.be/SfOMIxNfr3w

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Ok thanks. I was not sure as there was a section at the bottom of that listing to attach it to a vendor.

Thanks for clarifying

Craig
      Participant

I’m experiencing some issues with the subscription process.

I see there is a statement at the bottom of WooCommerce payment settings

and this is one of their recommendations found through the “Find new gateways that support automatic subscription payments in the official WooCommerce Marketplace”. Does this need to be installed as well to accept “recurring payments?
      https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/payment-gateways/

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

and this is one of their recommendations found through the “Find new gateways that support automatic subscription payments in the official WooCommerce Marketplace”. Does this need to be installed as well to accept “recurring payments?

– But you didn’t enable that. It will be best to confirm this from that plugin’s author!

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

Hi there I’m still not clear on a few things:

1. Can the memberships automatically renew and process the payment automatically through paypal/credit card without the “WooCommerce Subscriptions” plugin?
      Or is WooCommerce Subscriptions needed for the membership to automatically renew and automatically process the payment?
      IF memberships do automatically renew and automatically process paypal/credit card payment then what is the point of having the WooCommerce subscriptions plugin?

(I actually do have WooCommerce subscriptions added and activated – and one of your videos shows attaching the membership to a subscription and it works great for activating a membership and automatically renewing the payment).

2. BUT where I run into problems is that when another vendor creates a “subscription product” and a customer who purchased that subscription their account changes to a “store vendor” because of the settings in the WooCommerce subscription (see attached screenshot) are set to change the account to a “store vendor”.

Does that setting need to be like that in order to work with membership?

3. Do you have a knowledge base page that shows how all these settings should be set when we are using using memberships and subscriptions.

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

1. Can the memberships automatically renew and process the payment automatically through paypal/credit card without the “WooCommerce Subscriptions” plugin?
      Or is WooCommerce Subscriptions needed for the membership to automatically renew and automatically process the payment?
      IF memberships do automatically renew and automatically process paypal/credit card payment then what is the point of having the WooCommerce subscriptions plugin?

*** Using WC Subscriptions you will have more payment gateways flexibility.

2. BUT where I run into problems is that when another vendor creates a “subscription product” and a customer who purchased that subscription their account changes to a “store vendor” because of the settings in the WooCommerce subscription (see attached screenshot) are set to change the account to a “store vendor”.

*** Why you have set this to “Store Vendor”? It’s not required for WCFM Membership!

3. Do you have a knowledge base page that shows how all these settings should be set when we are using using memberships and subscriptions.

*** https://youtu.be/SfOMIxNfr3w

Thank You

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Subscription products in the Multivendor plugin’ is closed to new replies.