Successfully add a Staff but new user never gets email

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Groups & Staffs Successfully add a Staff but new user never gets email

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ldeluca
      Participant

I can add a new user to the groups and staff menu options, but the new user never receives an email. I also have a problem when the new user is already a regular user of the site… rather than changing the role I get an error message saying the email address is already in use.

Molay Das
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You have to set the “Email” options to “ON” mode under Settings->Notification Manager for “New Staff”, then new staff will get email notification.
      Whenever you will add a new user with an existing email id it will give an error “email address is already in use” —- Are you doing the same?

Thanks

ldeluca
      Participant

I have email turned on and still don’t get an email. See screen shot. I tried with a number of different email addresses and checked junk mail. Never receiving.

As for the existing email “already in use” are you saying that someone can’t be a regular user to the site AND a staff member? Should it just change their role?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Molay Das
      Keymaster

Hi,
      It can be a problem of your mail server. Can you please confirm that you are getting other emails or not?
      Regarding a staff to be a regular user — yes staff acquires the options of a regular user by default.

Thanks

ldeluca
      Participant

Why can’t an existing user be added? The error that the user already exists is inconvenient because now we have to open a help ticket to manually delete “regular” users and have the vendors add them themselves. I’m receiving other emails just fine.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Please keep install this plugin to your site and be sure emails are triggering or not!

Between, from you are adding new staff user?

If you add this from WCFM dashboard then new user email trigger to that user.
      But if you are adding user from wp-admin -> users -> add new then no email will trigger as WP does not send out any such email.

Thank You

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Successfully add a Staff but new user never gets email’ is closed to new replies.