TalkJS to expensive and dosn't follow GDPR etc.

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request TalkJS to expensive and dosn't follow GDPR etc.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian

Hi,

First, sorry for bad english.

Second:
      Is there by any chance another chat we could use? This is just way to expensive, €49 for a lite version, that’s just insane.

Another thing that I don’t like about TalkJS is, that TalkJS save my vendors and their customers conversations, that is just not okay and should only be something that I can see and the people writing to eachother, and NOT some third-party-way-to-expensive-chat-addon.

I don’t trust this company, TalkJS. Why? Because they don’t live up to the EU standards of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All marketplaces, webshops etc. in the EU have to follow those rules. So, with that I can say that TalkJS is processing, handeling and saving personal data between admins, vendors, customers and third-party and not following the GDPR and that is illigal by law.

So, this is why I would gladly see an alternative chat program (plugin, whatever) insted of this third-party-way-to-expensive-chat-addon.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We are accepting your points.

Well, we are creating our own Chat Server to replace TalkJS.

It will be available very soon.

Thank You

Brian

Hi,

Thank you very much! You guys are awesome.

Have a great day!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Thanks, you are welcome 🙂

christophe.n
      Participant

Hello

Very good news if you launch your own Chat Server 😉 GPDR Compliant is very important for all users with website accessible from Europe.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah right, we will take care of that.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘TalkJS to expensive and dosn't follow GDPR etc.’ is closed to new replies.