Testing stripe payments and stripe connect

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate Testing stripe payments and stripe connect

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      pdishman
      Participant

Hello,
      a couple of things.
      1) Connected a vendor via stripe – I wasn’t initially able to do it. When you click the blue Stripe connect button from a test vendor account it goes directly to an app that I tried to fill out multiple times using stripes recommended test bank settings, however I get the error that I cannot use the “known test bank accounts” because i’m in live mode (which i’m not). So I started going through the forum looking for anyone with a similar problem and I noticed a video you did where you skipped the app, by clicking “skip this account form” at the top of the form. I tried that and it worked, the account is connected. However I don’t know how that is going to work as the required test bank account information was not supplied or any information as I skipped the form. So is that the way you are supposed to connect a test vendor and why is this information not provided anywhere?

2) I tried to purchase something from the connected account to see if it works and on the payment form I received an error that said that the phone number is required. However the phone number field is filled in.

pdishman
      Participant

Here are some attachments that show the top of the stripe application form that the test vendor is sent to, to connect – the top of the app form says it is in development mode. the error msg on the app is shown in the attachment below. Again, i cannot connect without skipping the form which works but you cannot then use the vendor account because it becomes restricted because none of the required info has been filled out

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please check this – https://docs.wclovers.com/vendor-payment/

Watch this as well – https://www.useloom.com/share/19df64a7af1c4469bd8a3665ab0b601a

For Stripe test mode just skip that account from during vendor account connect – https://wclovers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Development-Mode.png

Thank You

pdishman
      Participant

Testing… sigh… 🙁

pdishman
        Participant

I can put a few words and post to forum – i try to put my reply – and my post is blocked (which is what i really think is happening) – do you care to explain?

pdishman
      Participant

Yup, just tried again to put my reply and i get an error “your reply cannot be created at this time” But I can type anything else as you can see – which of course does not make sense. I guess I’ll just keep on doing this until you unblock me

pdishman
      Participant

Point 1) I have looked over that documentation several times – please note that the URI that you have in the documentation is incorrect.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      pdishman
      Participant

breaking up the post to see if that will get through. Able to get point 1. no luck with point 2. But i’ll keep trying – just stubborn that way

pdishman
      Participant

Point 3 – because so far point 2 keeps getting blocked – as i have already explained above – skipping the form does connect the vendor, however the vendor is then restricted because the required form info is missing – therefore you cannot do any testing – which of course is the whole point

pdishman
      Participant

So here is the KEY point: I cannot connect test vendors – and I cannot proceed until I can…

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster
      longryder
      Participant

Good evening

I have the same issue as pdishman. I cannot connect test vendors. I have tried everything I have found on the forums as well as a chat session with Stripe support. As far as I can work out the issue is with the onboarding of the vendors. They do not seem to be connecting properly with the main site account. I have tried skipping the registration form entry details as well as filling it in. Both times the WCFM dashboard says I have successfully registered with Stripe – but I do not see the vendor account as a connected account in the main store account.

As a customer I purchase an item from the vendors store and the charge is successfully transferred to the main store account. However there is a transfer error in the log saying resource acct_XXXXX is not found. acct_XXXXX is the id of the vendors stripe account.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Testing stripe payments and stripe connect’ is closed to new replies.