Understanding "Commission"

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Betro Hakala
      Participant

Can someone clarify me why there’s two options (admin and vendor) for commissions?

If I understand the logic correctly, me, as a site owner, I should set the commission to “admin” and if I want to get i.e. 15% commission from all the vendors that are selling their products, I should set the settings to: “Commission For admin”, “Commission mode percent” and the “Commission Percent 15%”. And if I’m right, then what does the Vendor commission stand for?

Did I understand everything correctly? The default commission value was 80%, so this is why I’m clarifying this. The manuals did not have any examples how the commission are calculated and I would suggest you add these so people would ask stupid questions like I am doing.

“What is commission in simple terms?
      A commission is a fee paid to an agent as compensation for executing a transaction. It is calculated either as a percentage of the transaction value or as a flat fee.” Therefore, 80% default commission would indicate, that the vendor should pay 80% fee.

Avinaba
      Keymaster

Hi

If I understand the logic correctly, me, as a site owner, I should set the commission to “admin” and if I want to get i.e. 15% commission from all the vendors that are selling their products, I should set the settings to: “Commission For admin”, “Commission mode percent” and the “Commission Percent 15%”. And if I’m right, then what does the Vendor commission stand for?

– You are correct in getting this, basically we have given feasibility to set the percentage in both ways, thus you can set commission with respect to admins, as well as for vendors, only one has to make sure that the values are adjusted accordingly.

For for selling USD 100, if admin wants 15% commission, he will set, commission for : Admin and percentage as 15.

Hope this helped.

tideon
      Participant

Dear Support,

I was confused in the exact same way. In the real world a vendor never gets a commission, he gets a settlement. In English terms, the vendor cannot get a commission, because he is using the services of the platform. I also read your manual and was confused. The explanation you added above should be added to the documentation / manual.

Avinaba
      Keymaster

Ofcourse, we will take care of the same and add this for additional clarification

nextphasewebdesign
      Participant

How would I set up a commission tier below. Any help would be great!

COMMISSION Tier 1 – <$500 = 15% Commission
      COMMISSION Tier 2 – $500 – $999 = 10% Commission
      COMMISSION Tier 3 – >$1000 = 5% Commission

sohaiilbahrii
      Participant

I need help to understand how can I setup the following commissions in multi vendor store in India

1) product category wise commission (one vendor can have multiple products and hence multiple product categories commission has to be setup)

+

2) fixed closing fee on the basis of order value. For eg – order 1 between 0-500 will be charged fixed Rs. 10 and Order between 5001-1000 will be charged fixed Rs. 20

PLSE HELP AS I AM NOT ABLE TO ABLE FINALISE THE WCFM because of this. Urgent

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.