Understanding of how payments work

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrei
      Participant

Hi there!

I checked Forum and found a lot of information, but didn’t find the one that I need.
      And I think a lot of ppl will want this answers.
      Please, provide me with described answers to questions:

1) How works Payment with Paypal?
      My Situation: I want to use paypal, applied commission for vendors. Applied auto-withdrawal.
      I need to understand how to set paypal, were are the money deposited, who I pay money ( only vendor or also Paypal too for transactions )?

2) I saw possibility of Reverse Payment. Will I still pay Paypal for Transaction? or it will pay Vendor?

3) What About Stripe? Will I have the same problem with transactions as with paypal?

4) Main questions: Were are the money deposited and how to set Marketplace with lesser lose?

Please provide me with full description to question 1,3 and 4, because I should understand how system will work before I launch website.

Best Regards,
      Andrei

Yes, I need this answered as well.
      I have had 2 vendors make sales, I was expecting a commission % to be deposited to my bank and the rest goes to vendor. Instead all went to vendor and from what I understand I need to ask the vendor to send me my commission?
      This should be automated, please let me know how to accomplish this.

orth.bastian
      Participant

Hey,

support in this forum is not very good as this point. Maybe we’ll shoud try to write in the offical plugin support forum on wordpress.

I can give you answers to some of your questions from my own experience with paypal sandbox testing:

1. Vendor will pay paypal transaction fee as he is the only one receiving money.
      2. There is the reverse withdrawal option and i think you have to pay for receiving money (could not test this step as nothing is happening after approval of reverse withdrawal)
      3. If you use stripe splitpayment you’ll receive your commission (admin fee) directly and pay full stripe fees. But you can configure some transaction fees. I didn’t test this, is just tested the tax option for admin fee but the problem here is that the tax is calculated for the full order amount and not for the admin fee.
      4. Don’t know. The reverse withdrawal is segmented by order. It would be awesome to bundle those admin fees by vendor and make 1 approval for them, which will make a paypal api call to reduce paypal fees. But like 2. i don’t know what actually happens in this step. Only the admin fee in the vendor dashboard changes to paid but i can’t see any transactions in my paypal sandbox.

leiti
      Participant

3. If you use stripe splitpayment you’ll receive your commission (admin fee) directly and pay full stripe fees. But you can configure some transaction fees. I didn’t test this, is just tested the tax option for admin fee but the problem here is that the tax is calculated for the full order amount and not for the admin fee.

And this is a huge bug!!!

orth.bastian
      Participant

Back to 4. I had a look in another thread. The support is always referring to really bad documentation about reverse withdrawal:
      https://www.xing.com/go/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwclovers.com%2Fknowledgebase%2Fwcfm-marketplace-reverse-withdrawal

“Now admin has to manage these reverse withdrawals.

Just to mention, there is no automatic payment process from Vendor to Admin, so this will be a manual process.

Admin will see all reverse withdrawal under WCFM Admin Dashboard -> Withdrawal -> Reverse Withdrawal (You may add this page in menu using WCFM Menu Manager as well).”

So with paypal direct the full money is at vendor site. The vendors need then to pay the admin fees manually. And this is a real pain. You have to keep track of all payments and can’t rely on the marketplace.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.