User role after registered a user from Multivendor Membership

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Membership User role after registered a user from Multivendor Membership

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Manskie

Hi all, thanks for bringing the multivendor membership, it’s great and really fullfill the requirement of my site.
      I got a question about the user role, as i have 3 types of user in my site (Customer, Vendor, Advance Vendor), the customer belong to user role customer and the rest are vendor.
      Is it possible to change the user role after registration?
      Is there any hook or POST method for that?
      Thanks~~

Best Regards,
      Manskie

Simha

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us and pleasure to have such cool appreciation.

Can you please tell us, what kind of flow you are looking for ?

What is Advanced Vendor?

Just to mention, a already registered customer may subscribe as a Vendor and his role will be automatically changed!

Thank You

Camus Chan
      Participant

Hi Simha,
      My site has 3 subscription plan:
      1) Buyer <~ Free for charge, no payment needed;
      2) Normal Vendor <~ $X, can sell product only;
      3) Advance Vendor <~ $Y, can sell product and auction from our site.

May i know how to do the following things:
      1) Check which subscription plan did the user joined.
      2) I found that if the user did not finish the whole process of payment, they are still able to open the vendor dashboard and register as a vendor.
      The flow i did is: 1) Open the subscription plan page -> 2) Choose one of the plan -> 3) *Do not press the Proceed to redirect to PayPal -> 4) Go to vendor dashboard page, and you can become a vendor at that page. Should I add my custom checking method on those page for preventing user bypass the payment?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Merry Christmas!

Let me clear your concerns –

My site has 3 subscription plan:
      1) Buyer <~ Free for charge, no payment needed; 2) Normal Vendor <~ $X, can sell product only; 3) Advance Vendor <~ $Y, can sell product and auction from our site. - You can setup such membership plans very easily using WCFM - Membership May i know how to do the following things: 1) Check which subscription plan did the user joined. - A vendors screen is there in WCFM Admin dashboard, it will show you vendor's membership plan. We will add a vendor details page under WCFM admin dashboard very soon to show more detailed information. 2) I found that if the user did not finish the whole process of payment, they are still able to open the vendor dashboard and register as a vendor. The flow i did is: 1) Open the subscription plan page -> 2) Choose one of the plan -> 3) *Do not press the Proceed to redirect to PayPal -> 4) Go to vendor dashboard page, and you can become a vendor at that page. Should I add my custom checking method on those page for preventing user bypass the payment?

– Well, let me first clear one thing, if a user didn’t pay then they will not become vendor anyway. If they registered then they become user of the site but that’s not a vendor user, only after payment they will become vendor.If you are using “Bank Transfer” option then admin has to be approve tht user to become vendor user.

Please know me if you have any further queries.

Thank You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘User role after registered a user from Multivendor Membership’ is closed to new replies.