VARIANTS | ADMIN-MADE & VENDOR-MADE ATTRIBUTES

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jasmin Kronewetter
      Participant

Hi all, hoping someone can guide me in the right direction with a problem I’m having.

I’m building a multi-vendor marketplace with WCfM plugin & Martfury theme.

I want to give customers the ability to use extensive filtering options on the shop page, e.g. Shop by location, item type, or occasion.

So far, I’ve accomplished this through product-attributes.

I have admin-made attributes that the vendors can choose from when uploading a product, that will display as a filtering option (through a widget) in the shop page.

For example, a vendor uploads a product and selects ‘Item type’ – ‘Sustainable’ attribute, then their product will show up on the shop page when a customer chooses to filter by sustainable items.

Now, the problem I’m having is when a vendor uploads a variable product and needs to create attributes to add variations.

Once they do that AND also select their admin-made attributes for filtering options, ALL ATTRIBUTES SHOW UP AS VARIANTS ON THE PRODUCT PAGE 🙁 (see image attached) -> only the vendor-made attribute should show up as a variant, the admin-made attributes should just remain attributes for the purpose of filtering, not as a variant.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction for how I can best address this issue?

I’m contemplating on custom development to completely separate admin-made and vendor-made attributes, but I’m also wondering if there’s a simpler option to accomplish my goal that I’m not aware of?

Thank you!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Jasmin Kronewetter
      Participant

Problem solved. I had some displaying issues through the theme and didn’t see the tickboxes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.