Vendor Add Product Attributes Issues

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sarah
      Participant

I am very close to launching my marketplace, but have a couple issues involving attributes I haven’t been able to fix.

1) The Woocommerce attribute custom sort order doesn’t seem to work with WCFM. If I select the custom sort order, I am able to make the attributes appear in the correct order on the backend Woocommerce > Products > Attributes area. However, if I log in as a vendor and click on the drop-down in the Add Product front end screen to select attributes, they are listed in alphabetical order. I’m trying to list sizes, so alphabetical order isn’t logical for the user. Am I missing a setup? Or is there a function to fix this?

2) My vendors will be selling clothing items, so they will need to use multiple sizes as variations. On my iPhone this works fine. However, on my desktop browsers (both Safari and Chrome), selecting more than 4 attributes causes the white space to shift and the Add Product menu (Inventory, Attributes, Variations, etc.) disappears. The only way to make it reappear is to remove the extra attributes. Is there a CSS code that could be added to fix this?

Craig
      Participant

Sarah do you have a screen shot of what you mean in number 2? I would like to do a test on my marketplace to see if it is doing the same thing.

– also a good way to trouble shoot – (but not on your live site) is to switch the theme ti “storefront” which is a confirmed compatible theme to help determine if the issue is your theme or a plugin issue….and then you can switch it back to your normal theme once you did some verification.
      Have you ever done that before? (don’t do it on your live side because everyone is affected with the appearance change – do it in a test server or local copy of your site)

sarah
      Participant

Craig, you’re totally right. I switched to Twenty Twenty theme and the attributes box populates the selections all into the box rather than as an extended list. I’m using MyListing theme, so I guess I need to contact them for a fix. I attached a screenshot so you can see what it looks like.

The custom sort order is still an issue though.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      sarah
      Participant

WCLOVERS support is amazing! They fixed both of my issues. I’ve included the code below in case anyone else runs across these problems and needs help.

1) Custom sort order doesn’t work for attribute terms

Add to child functions.php

// Custom sort order for attribute terms
      add_filter( ‘wcfm_product_attribute_terms’, function( $args ) {
      if( isset( $args[‘orderby’] ) ) {
      $args[‘orderby’] = ‘menu_order’;
      }
      return $args;
      });

2) Product category and attribute term drop-downs do not display properly. (I think this was a conflict with Select2 and the MyListing theme.)

Add to child style.css

/* Select2 fix for Add Product dropdowns */
      .wcfm-dashboard-page .select2-container–default .select2-selection–multiple .select2-selection__choice__remove:before {
      display: inline-block;
      font-size: 10px !important;
      }
      .wcfm-dashboard-page .select2-container–default .select2-selection–multiple .select2-selection__choice {
      display: inline-block !important;
      width: auto !important;
      padding: 0 5px !important;
      }

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.