Vendor cannot see staff

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      spacereserve101
      Participant

Hi,

I have just tried the add-on and testing for a vendor.
      I login as vendor – go to Staff – add new.
      I can add staff successfully and the member gets added to the back-end.
      I can also see the ‘staff’ member through the administrator staff menu. However the vendor doesn’t show the staff member.

I have played around with wcfm_vendor capabilities before to allow other functionality to work on my site, not sure if this is related? or if this something else?

Thanks
      Jag

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using user role manage plugin like – Adminize, user role editor etc ?

If so, then it corrupted Vendor capability rules. Actually, none of this plugins are compatible with multi-vendor setup!

Please manage vendor capabilities only form WCFM Capability section.

Thank You

spacereserve101
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for responding, however those plugins are required and have been working on the site for a long time to remove certain capabiliies. It’s the only way I have for your wcfm marketplace to work with my site.

Can you help determine exactly where a fix needs to go? Or which capability needs to be looked at?

Thanks
      Jag

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, to show vendor’s staff this meta filter required – https://ibb.co/vvfNq2V

But such role editor plugin break this and it does not work, now hoe this will work no idea! You have to contact that user role editor plugin.

If so, then it corrupted Vendor capability rules. Actually, none of this plugins are compatible with multi-vendor setup!

– I already mentioned you, so we never recommend such pulgin!

Thank You

ayn
      Participant

We just installed the Groups & Staff plugin. Same issue. We have no user role editor. What we have is role based recognition for site elements. At this point the Vendor can create staff, see that the staff is counted and that is it.

More so the Staff member regardless of capabilities cannot edit the vendors settings/information. They do have access to the orders and customers but no idea in which store they are operating in.

The role determination and removal of that is a non starter as far as conversation goes.

Please Provide instructions on how to properly adapt the plugin to allow for this to work.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

How you have created “Staff” user ? As Admin login or Vendor login ?

If it’s a vendor staff then he will allow to access only vendor’s products, orders, customers etc …

Thank You

ayn
      Participant

We created the Staff member once through Administration, then we removed that users suspecting there was an issue with the staff member creation from the administrator, then recreated the staff member through the vendor account.

Both resulted in no staff member shown under the vendor account, and when the staff member logged in they could see the orders but had no idea as to which vendor they were working under.

We really need this fixed as we have vendors wondering why they can’t see their staff.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Kindly give me that vendor account to test this once.

If you have created Staff as vendor login then that Staff user belong to that vendor, and allowed to see/manage products, orders only for that vendor.

Thank You

ayn
      Participant

I will create the credentials here for you right away and add a staff member to our sample vendor.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

OK

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor cannot see staff’ is closed to new replies.