Vendor can't see changes to order done by admin

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate Vendor can't see changes to order done by admin

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rustydoglim
      Participant

We are using WCMP and WCFM Ultiplate.
      In some cases, after an order is placed by customer, the site admin has to edit the order for various reasons (special discount, change of shipping cost, etc). After the order has been edited, the customer has no problem seeing the new changes (additional shipping cost, additional item)
      But the vendor can only see the original order, any new changes made by the site admin will not show up. Note that the vendor can not edit the order so this has to be done by site admin.

This is an important bug for us, please fix it asap.

Thanks
      Jason

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

First of all, this is not a bug.

When a vendor see a order details page it’s more of their commission details page. If you are adding additional Fee or Shipping cost that will not become part of their generated commission, so things are not visible to them.

As you are using WCMp you may also edit a generated commission, edit those and that will reflect in vendor’s order details page.

Still it’s possible to show those additionally added items under vendor’s order details page using some custom coding.
      If you want we can help you in this, but again I want to mention those additional amounts will not part of vendor’s commission.

Please know me your thoughts.

Thank You
      Shhiv

rustydoglim
      Participant

Hi,
      You completely misunderstood what I was talking about. I never mentioned about commission. This is not about commission.
      Let me try to repeat/explain what happened.

1. Order placed by customer who purchased from a vendor in a multivendor marketplace.
      2. Order appeared in the system. Vendor can login and see the order. Customer can also login and see the order.
      So far so good. No problem.
      3. Now, customer wants certain discount for the product or shipping cost and vendor agreed. Or customer called and said he forgot to order an accessory, can site admin add it for him.
      4. Site admin found the WooCommerce order and edit it. Site admit change the shipping cost on behalf of the vendor. Site admin also added an item to the order. So far so good.
      5. Now the customer can login to his account and see that his order has been updated with new shipping cost and the accessory added. So far so good.

Now please pay attention, this is where it goes wrong.
      The VENDOR login to his account, but he can’t see the changes made by the site admin. Remember, I already said that the customer can see the changes in his account. But not the vendor. isn’t this a bug?

The admin can see the new changes (obviously, the admin made the change).
      The customer can see the changes.
      The vendor can not. What the vendor sees is the original order.

Jason

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Your query was totally clear to me but may be I can not make you replied you properly.

I am trying to describe the thing in more detail.

“When a vendor see a order details page it’s more of their commission details page. If you are adding additional Fee or Shipping cost that will not become part of their generated commission, so things are not visible to them.”

– I told you this in my last reply, trying to understand this first. Suppose you have a product cost $100 and customer placed an order for this with shipping $20
      As per your setting vendor will get 90% as commission and shipping cost as well. So when order placed and payment done commission generated for vendor – $90 for product cost and $20 for shipping. Vendor will see this under his Order details page.

Now, you have edited the order and add additional shipping cost $15, may be added another product to the order but this will not going to change already generated commission for that vendor. So this change is not visible vendor’s order details page as that has been generated from commission for that order.

You can see this changes under same order details page but as Admin login.

We can open all these for vendors as well and allow them to see these changes.

Lets think now by moving one step ahead. Hope till now you are testing with one order with one vendor’s product. Place an order with three products from three different vendors. You are repeating the same, edit the order and added am additional shipping cost. Now tell me which vendor will see this?

If you still can’t get my point please know me, I will try again.

“Still it’s possible to show those additionally added items under vendor’s order details page using some custom coding.
      If you want we can help you in this, but again I want to mention those additional amounts will not part of vendor’s commission.”

– I have also mentioned you this in last reply.

Thank You

rustydoglim
      Participant

I understand that you are saying now. But I think the issue is not just shipping cost.
      Can you consider this scenario and tell me if you should allow the vendor to see the change ? Here’s the scenario:
      Customer placed the order with items from 1 or more vendors.
      Order #1001 has itemA, itemB, itemC from 3 different vendors.
      Now vendorA agreed to change the price for itemA and requested that the admin do it.
      So what you are saying is that vendorA ONLY sees the initial order (ie commission) since commission can only be calculated once.
      Basically commission can not be recalculated if order has been changed.
      This doesn’t seem right to me.

The reason we are having this problem is that we have a multi-vendor market place for resellers. So sometimes the resellers can negotiated a special price with a vendor, or say the reseller complained about previous defective item, so the vendor says “how about I give you a rebate or discount on this one item” (for example). There are all sorts of reasons a vendor can agree to change the order from time to time.

So can you add an option (a checkbox) in your next minor release to allow the market place to just expose every changes ? I am sure I am not the only person with this problem.

Jason

Bingal
      Keymaster

HI,

“So what you are saying is that vendorA ONLY sees the initial order (ie commission) since commission can only be calculated once.
      Basically commission can not be recalculated if order has been changed.
      This doesn’t seem right to me.”

– You may edit generated commission as well. Check at wp-admin -> WCMp -> Commission
      You may change commission, shipping, tax for a vendor from there. So you have to edit this as well with editing the order.

Is your site is live? If you are still developing this then I will like to suggest you to try Dokan once.
      Only Dokan generate sub-order for each vendor and you are allowed to edit those sub-orders as well, hence there will be no such issues.

Though, I never tried this before, so please do a test before taking any decision.

Thank You

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor can't see changes to order done by admin’ is closed to new replies.