Vendor membership changing process

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristin

I’m having trouble with the membership sign up process… specifically, the way an existing vendor switches from one membership to another.

When I try with a test vendor account to cancel an existing membership, I get a message that it’s not possible and to contact site admin. What am I as the site admin supposed to do at that point? I’m not offering a free membership to set as the one automatically assigned upon cancellation.

Kristin

I think I figured out my initial question but I’m still having problems with the membership sign-up process.

As a test vendor, I can cancel my existing membership, get automatically reverted to a free membership (I created one with only minimal capabilities), and sign up for a new membership. I can go through the PayPal process and get returned to the success page on my site. The problem is that once I do that, my membership has not changed – it still shows as the free membership I reverted to when I cancelled.

I was able to sign up for a membership via PayPal as a new vendor before, so unless I changed some settings at PayPal between the first time I tried and now, I don’t think it’s a PayPal issue, unless there is an IPN setting or something that I need to tweak. I’m not sure where to go from here to make it work.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah right, IPN is important. Please be sure it’s enabled.

Do yo keep enabled “Approve” option for the plan? Then admin has to approve this to vendor have the new plan!

Thank You

Kristin
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Kristin

Still waiting for help with this… please?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yes off course, both PayPal options work together.

Tell me one thing, from where you came to know that, IPN URL should be – https://mywebsite.com/?wc-api=WC_Gateway_Paypal

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

OK, I got this. Leave the question.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, after completing payment is this returning you to the Thank You page?

Actually, WCFM Membership use it’s own IP page and not depending upon WC PayPal setup.
      Both works seamlessly, we have tested this many time before.

I have an alternate suggestion for you, just wait 2-3 days. WCfM – membership will going to bring a new option where you may setup membership selling through WC product. Then only WC normal checkout will work and no such issue will be there.

Thank You

Kristin

Selling via WC product sounds like a great option… I’ll wait and see if the update helps me do what I want to do. Thanks 🙂

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor membership changing process’ is closed to new replies.