Vendor registration verification code

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      gayatrib0707
      Participant

Hi, I’m building eCommerce website using WordPress, WooCommerce, WCFM locally on my PC. It is working wonderful till now. I’m trying to register myself as a vendor for testing using different mail ID but it is not sending me a verification code. Do I need to make website live ? Or some other plug ins I need to install ? If yes, then which plug ins ?

Looking forward to help from you,
      Thank you

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Thanks for getting in touch with us!
      By ‘locally on my PC’ do you mean localhost? In that case, you can refer to this article- https://meetanshi.com/blog/send-mail-from-localhost-xampp-using-gmail/
      Alternatively, use an email logger like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/.
      Thank You!

gayatrib0707
      Participant

Hi,
      Yes, locally on my PC means I’m using localhost. I used bitnami, not xampp. I installed WP Mail logging by MailPoet and try to register but it didn’t work. I couldn’t receive any mail for verification code. What to do now ?

Craig
      Participant

@gayatrib0707 the email logger will just tell you if the emails are being triggered. This is a good way to verify your site is sending the emails.

BUT I don’t think you can send emails from your localhost unless you have an email sending plugin like sendgrid that connects you to your SMTP service provider. This SMTP would probably be part of your hosting package. Do you have a website Host selected?

https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/best-smtp-service-providers-with-high-email-deliverability/

I’m not an expert at setting up websites but have been managing mine for 6 years. My mail is sent through sendgrid (But I have never tried sending emails form a localcopy as my hosting package provide me with a Developmental server so I can do all my testing work there and then when I’m happy I push it to the live server).

Craig
      Participant

Here is a good article

“Are you looking for the best SMTP service providers?

An SMTP service provider helps you reliably send emails from your website to your users.

SMTP servers are especially configured to ensure that your emails reach users’ inbox and don’t end up in the junk mail folder.

In this article, we will share the best SMTP service providers with high email deliverability. We will also show you how to send your WordPress emails using these SMTP services.”

https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/best-smtp-service-providers-with-high-email-deliverability/

hazmartonline
      Participant

@Craig I am Avada Restaurant Theme. https://avada.theme-fusion.com/restaurant/. For some reason I am unable to login and reply to you from my own created forum.

Craig
      Participant

I can see your reply here so you must be logged in?

Have you checked with your these developer if it supports a multi-vendor marketplace?

My suspicion is that you will need to hire a developer to do some custom work.

A good theme to test your site to see if the plugins are working correctly is “storefront”. Install that theme and you can switch back and fourth to see if you issues are actually something to do with the theme.

I had to hire a developer to make my site work like I wanted it to. Just installing the plugins is usually not going to give you what you want and the plugin developers don’t so that for you.

gayatrib0707
      Participant

Hi @Craig,
      Thanks a lot for your information which resolves my query. Now I have another question that I’m building this multi vendor website for my client. So whose email ID should I used to create account on SMTP service provider ? Mine or client’s ?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Do you have a hosting or still testing on your local environment? If you are testing locally, you can skip this check by disabling Email Verification from Admin dashboard >> Settings >> Vendor Registration.
      And, on your live environment, keep this option checked.
      Thank You!

hazmartonline
      Participant

@Sushobhan You too have posted you a request many days ago. Please reply back.

hazmartonline
      Participant

I too have posted you a request many days ago. Please reply back. @Sushobhan

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry about the delay. I have replied in the other thread.
      Than You!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.