Vendor shop integration on vendor's homepage (similar to Etsy-Mini)

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Feature Request Vendor shop integration on vendor's homepage (similar to Etsy-Mini)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      shitT
      Participant

Hello

Most of my vendor have their own homepage, but no budget or skills to set a shop up.

Some vendors asked if they could integrate their vendor shop on their own homepage, similar to the etsy-mini integration (see https://tizzit.co/integrate-your-etsy-shop-on-your-own-website/).

It would be interesting, if you could encapsulate the vendor-shop (+ cart, my-account/login) so that it could be integrated as standalone shop on an external website. I see the following advantages:
      – The vendor would only have to manage his products in one location (on the marketplace).
      – The vendor could set a shop fast and cheap on his site.
      – The customer would still order and pay over the marketplace, but without being aware of it.
      – The customer would be able to hop to other vendors offerings.
      – The marketplace would still benefit of the traffic and the commission.

What do you think? Looking forward to your answer and remarks from other marketplace owners!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We will definitely look into this,

Lyle de Groot
      Participant

I would like this too please, great addition!

Craig
      Participant

I vote for this too!

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

The link that you have provided is not doing what you want to achieve. Etsy mini simply uses ‘iframe’ to show selected products directly from Etsy site. Product management, cart, checkout everything is happening on Etsy site.

Coming to your requirement, WCFM Marketplace is based on WooCommerce and at this moment it is not supported there.

shitT
      Participant

Hi Sushoban

Agree with you. Technically, Etsy mini simply uses a “iframe”. And we would like to make it better;) Would there be another way, smarter way to implement my requirements? I think this would be a really cool feature.

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi Gilbert,
      Sorry but at this moment its not possible. WooCommerce isn’t designed to work that way. Though if your vendors can managed to set up an ecommerce website themselves and only wants to update stock quantity in the marketplace whenever they make a sell on their own site, that is possible using WooCommerce api. Ofcourse this will not trigger any commission calculation as the product is not sold from the marketplace.

Kay
      Participant

Check out this https://www.ecwid.com/wordpress-ecommerce, ECWID have a plugin that performs this feature.

shitT
      Participant

Thanks for the info Kehinde!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor shop integration on vendor's homepage (similar to Etsy-Mini)’ is closed to new replies.