Vendor Store Page Issues

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Avon

I and in the development process and was using WCMP but want to use WCFM Marketplace because of the features but I have a fair amount of questions as I am in the development stage.

1. From overall shop page if you click on the sold by “Store: xyz” it opens their vendor shop page in a new tab, any way to keep it in the same tab when it opens?
      2. When uploading products, in the vendors store they show up 1 per row, making photos very large. I want to have 4 products per row. How can I do this?
      3. From the vendor store page, is it possible to have the products/about/policies/reviews appear as tabs so one can quickly switch between that information instead of having to load each one as a new page?
      4. The banner for each store seems to be a distorted when uploaded to make the image fit the banner space. Is there a certain aspect ratio the banner photo needs to be or would it be possible to create a croppable section option so the vendor could upload any image but pick which portion will be their visible banner?
      5. When scrolling through the products, the product images seem to be on top of the main menu (foreground, with menu in the background unaccessible until the picture scrolls so far it gets past the menu) any thoughts on this?
      6. The Instagram icon in the social area does not seem to be working?

7. I have my WCFM Store page setup, I want to change the number of stores per row. How/Where do I put the “per_row” script and what is the exact scripting for 4 stores per row?

Thanks for all the help!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi Avon,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

Let me clear your queries –

1. From overall shop page if you click on the sold by “Store: xyz” it opens their vendor shop page in a new tab, any way to keep it in the same tab when it opens?

– Well, I understand your concern, Actually, we think product is more important than store so don’t want to divert user’s from product page.
      After all, user will purchase product and not the store 🙂
      Anyway, we will add some tweak option for this in coming update.

2. When uploading products, in the vendors store they show up 1 per row, making photos very large. I want to have 4 products per row. How can I do this?

– It’s as per theme’s shop page setup. Between, what is situation after WCFM Marketplace latest update? Please send me a store URL to check.

3. From the vendor store page, is it possible to have the products/about/policies/reviews appear as tabs so one can quickly switch between that information instead of having to load each one as a new page?

– Ummm … that’s a concern of site’s performance so we keep those at separate sub-page. Think about a situation where a vendor has 500+ products and 100+ reviews, now loading all at the same time will delay overall store load, which will annoying for users. What you say!

4. The banner for each store seems to be a distorted when uploaded to make the image fit the banner space. Is there a certain aspect ratio the banner photo needs to be or would it be possible to create a croppable section option so the vendor could upload any image but pick which portion will be their visible banner?

– It’s dependent on theme template so we have added banner size option in latest update. Hope this will helpful for you!

5. When scrolling through the products, the product images seem to be on top of the main menu (foreground, with menu in the background unaccessible until the picture scrolls so far it gets past the menu) any thoughts on this?

– Please share a store URL with me to check this, hope this is some CSS issue.

6. The Instagram icon in the social area does not seem to be working?

– Umm .. we will check this!

7. I have my WCFM Store page setup, I want to change the number of stores per row. How/Where do I put the “per_row” script and what is the exact scripting for 4 stores per row?

– Well, you may off course change this but max 3 per row is possible!

Please know me if you have any other queries!

Thank You

Avon

URL for those ones you wanted to check out is https://www.supportmycraft.com/ (Issue number 2 & 5)

7. What would be the exact script for making 3 stores per row on the store page?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Ahh .. I just checked your site.
      You also mailed me.

Well, for store list page you have used short code [wcfm_stores], just change this to -> [wcfm_stores per_row="3"]

I am checking 2 & 5

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Point 2 resolved – https://www.supportmycraft.com/shop/kevinruzbacki/

Point 5 checked and menu is working fine – https://ibb.co/hMeeLU
      what’s the issue, show me screenshot please.

Thank You

Avon

Issue 2 & 5 were resolved by creating a vendor with strictly WCFM Marketplace running.

Any update on the Instagram icon?

Also, I tried to change the amount of products per row in the theme options but it seems to only allow me to have 3 per row (no more, no less) in the vendor shop pages. I changed the number of items per row in the theme settings, which does change the number of items per row in the website.com/shop menu, it does not effect the website.com/shop/vendor pages though. Any ideas?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We will add Instagram social item in next update.

Well, theme per row setting will not work for by default.

Please tell me how many want to show per row? I will give you code for this!

Thank You

Avon

Ideally, I’d want 4 or 5. Want to check to see how each one looks.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have set this to 4 – https://www.supportmycraft.com/shop/avonwisemedia/

Thank You

Kevin

For some reason, on the store list page the “search store” box does not work. Users are unable to click in the box to type my search term. When I am logged in as an administrator it works fine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please give me vendor list page link for your site!

Thank you

Kevin
        This reply has been marked as private.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please check this – https://ibb.co/j5q6zU

It’s because of theme CSS, box is overlap by theme header so it’s not clickable.

Kindly add this CSS to your site –

.wcfmmp-store-list-page .inner{z-index: 50 !important;}

Please know me is this resolve your issue or not!

Thank You

Kevin

It worked, thank you! Any idea if in future updates you will add the ability to make the # of stores per row greater than 3?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

That’s great 🙂

We are gong to add many options in store page soon, hence it will be also possible to show more than 3 store at a column.

Thank You

Brad Ziajor

Hi, I also have noticed the Instagram issue. Do you have any update as to when this issue will be resolved? It seems to affect many of the other social options as well. Only Facebook and Twitter icons work for me.

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please check this, all these social icon works – https://ibb.co/ka6bmV

Thank You

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor Store Page Issues’ is closed to new replies.