Vendor to only Edit Existing Products. Product Tab not showing on WCFM.

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums Product Vendors Vendor to only Edit Existing Products. Product Tab not showing on WCFM.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      hello1
      Participant

Hi,

Currently having an Issue whereby the ‘Products’ tab is only appearing for our vendors if we give them the ability to Submit or Publish their own products, we want them to only edit their existing Product, however, when this capability is ticked alone, the tab does not appear.

For context, we have created an online marketplace using Product Vendors where each vendor acts as a sole trader selling only themselves as a bookable product for work (therefore each vendor only has the 1 product being themselves). We need them to be able to update their product (bookable self) so they can change booking availability when needed, we don’t want to give them the option to add or even submit new products as this could lead to confusion.

I have attached a screen shot of our capabilities to aid in my comment. Many Thanks.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

I understand your concern. Actually, currently there is no such capability to block only “Add New Product” for vendors using WCFM – Ultimate. It comes with WCFM – Groups & Staffs actually.

Just relax, we will add that option in WCFM – Ultimate as well in next update.

“Submit Products” capability is essential to allow Products to vendors, as you disabled that so there is no Product option in Vendor dashboard.

As you told me your system is very specific and vendors are only with one product then you may also use “Product Limit” option for now, set it 1. Then vendors can edit there existing product but not able to add anymore.

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCFM 3.3.5 has just released.

Now you have a another separate capability option to disable only “Add Product” for your vendors.

So for your case, keep “Manage Products” ON and “Add Product” OFF will meet your desired requirement.

Please know mw is this works for you or not

Thank You
      Simha

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCFM 3.3.5 has just released.

Now you have a another separate capability option to disable only “Add Product” for your vendors.

So for your case, keep “Manage Products” ON and “Add Product” OFF will meet your desired requirement.

Please know mw is this works for you or not

Thank You
      Simha

hello1
      Participant

Hi Simha (and the rest of WC Lovers),

This works perfectly. Thank you for including this as part of an update and I personaly commend you on the very fast turn around time.

It is great to see the passion and the high level of detail you put into this product, it is refreshing to see that you are so willingly to continually improve your product as well rather than having it as a ‘set and forget’ model.

This alone proves to me that procuring your paid version of the front end manager was a very sound investment!

Thanks Again!
      -Braydn

Simha

Hi,

Pleasure and always welcome.

Really really pleased with your heartiest appreciation.

We have reacently launched another add-on for vendors membership/subscription. If required you may also take a look into this, it’s even totally FREE – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-multivendor-membership/

Thanks again.

Simha

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor to only Edit Existing Products. Product Tab not showing on WCFM.’ is closed to new replies.