Vendors can no longer change store names?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig
      Participant

Did this function recently change
      Vendors used to be able to update/edit/change their “shop name” or “store slug” under their “general settings” tab

Now that function is missing/removed.
      Can you confirm if this is correct? and why the vendor is no longer able to change this part of their store?

I can only change the store name using an ADMIN account.

Thanks
      See the screenshots

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Have you added any custom code snippets in your site? By-default vendor can change his store-name, store-slug etc. You can check once deactivate others plugins(except WooCommerce and our WCFM plugins).

Craig
      Participant

Hi Sarmistha Chakraborty – thanks for your attention to this.

The only code snippets I have installed are ones advised by WC lovers for commission settings and changing name of “shipping” to reflect the vendor in the shopping cart in the threads below.

I will do the test you suggest later this evening and report back.

Would those be causing this?

https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/commission-settings-not-working-correctly-please-help-2/

https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/can-the-shipping-title-displayed-in-the-cart-be-changed/

Craig
      Participant

Hi Sarmistha Chakraborty,

After testing I’m still getting the same issue (no store name or slug) area for vendor to edit.

I deactivated most plugins AND switched over to StoreFront theme

See attached screenshot of the vendor dashboard settings showing no area to edit Store Name or Store Slug

Have you confirmed that you can still see this in the vendor dashboard or did a recent update remove it?

Thanks

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Craig
      Participant

that was it!

My “sold by” was unchecked. Once Check then the Store Name and Store slug options were visible to the vendor.

Thanks for your help on this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendors can no longer change store names?’ is closed to new replies.