Vendors can't update Images for their Products (& deletes existing images)

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums Product Vendors Vendors can't update Images for their Products (& deletes existing images)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Braydn Gale

Hi WCLovers,

Just having an issue whereas when a Product Vendor logs in and goes to update an existing product from the front end manager;

A. There doesn’t appear to be any way for the vendor to update the image of their product
      B. The existing image of the product (set by an admin) is deleted.

Not sure if I’m missing it or if this is some form of setting I haven’t done correctly, but if this is an issue, it means the vendors will constantly need admin intervention.

It would be great to get this resolved or find some work around.

Many Thanks! (And a Happy New Year as well!)

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

A. There doesn’t appear to be any way for the vendor to update the image of their product
      – I am not getting this clearly, vendor is not able to upload image? Are they getting error?
      WCFM has not setting/capability controller to block media upload for vendors. Are you using any other user role editor plugin also?

B. The existing image of the product (set by an admin) is deleted.
      – That may be possible as vendors can see only those images uploaded by them, so admin added images are removed for them.
      Actually, if you are running a system where Admin is adding product for vendors then vendor should stop from editing published products.

If possible please provide me a vendor access of your site, I want to check the first point once!

Don’t worry, these are just capability setup issue, can be fix very easily.

Hope you will have a great new year 🙂

Thank You
      Shhiv

Braydn Gale
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Simha

Hi,

Warm wishes and have a great new year!

Thanks for the credentials and details.

We have just chexked the things and found that you have disabled feature image capability for your vendors.

One more important thing, your WCfM is at quite old version. Can you please update this to latest version 3.4.0 and take a look ?

Thank You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendors can't update Images for their Products (& deletes existing images)’ is closed to new replies.