Vendors need the ability to override Global Shipping Costs per Product

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Delivery Vendors need the ability to override Global Shipping Costs per Product

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      buy-purple.com
      Participant

Hi there, thanks for a great product in WCFM!

I have an issue with the Shipping Functionality though. For my project, I need vendors to set shipping prices per product and override the Store Shipping rules. For example:
      I have a vendor who has different shipping charges for different product Types (not weight or location, but type). Furthermore, for some of their product TYPES they have weight and location variations as well.
      I tried to set up these variations using classes, but
      1: The vendor can only choose 1 class per product and they need the ability to apply 2 or 3 classes to the products;
      2: I don’t want other vendors to see those classes.

I want the vendors to have the ability to set their own Zones, methods within their own Zones, and Classes within their own methods. I know I can set up the Zones and methods and classes as admin, but if I do that, all vendors see the different zones and methods and classes which I don’t want. If I set up the Zones, methods, and classes as admin specific to a vendor, I want only that vendor to see those options. Currently WCFM does not cater to any of this.
      Is there a plugin that can solve this problem?
      Or is there another way of setup which I may have missed?
      P.S. I don’t want to come across as rude, but I have read and followed all of the Knowledgebase documentation I could find so please don’t send me a link to the Normal Shipping Setup, it does not solve my problem.

Please help.
      Thank you

buy-purple.com
      Participant

Hi WCLovers

Is there anyone out there who can assist on the above Query?

buy-purple.com
      Participant

Update on this???????????????

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Thanks for getting in touch with us!
      My replies are inline-

1: The vendor can only choose 1 class per product and they need the ability to apply 2 or 3 classes to the products;

Well, WoCommerce doesn’t support that.

2: I don’t want other vendors to see those classes.

Right now there is no in-built settings to restrict usage of shipping classes. But it can be achieved via customization, so that during vendor registration approval we can add a shipping class related to vendor store name. Which will be only available to that vendor.

I want the vendors to have the ability to set their own Zones, methods within their own Zones, and Classes within their own methods.

This is not possible as well due to WooCommerce restriction. Only admin can create zones.
      Looking forward to helping you.
      Thank You!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.