WCFM / WordPress Media Uploader Button broken

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate WCFM / WordPress Media Uploader Button broken

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bradley Fox
      Participant

Cross Posted at: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wcfm-wordpress-media-uploader-button-broken-2/#post-12680712

I need help with this please.

Since some updates, the Media Uploader button for “Select Files” on my Stores isn’t working when I create a new product. The Drag and Drop works and I can get the file manager to launch with Admin rights.

This appears to be a permissions issue. I checked and reapplied all of the /Uploads permissions to 755 – no change.

The page I need help with:

A Store (non-admin):
      Add new product -> Add Image -> Select Files
      – Drag & Drop is working
      – Button for the file manager pop up is NOT working

A Store (logged in as admin):
      Add new product -> Add Image -> Select Files
      – Drag & Drop is working
      – Button for the file manager pop up is working

The page I need help with: https://www.reef4sale.com/store-manager/products-manage/

Viewing 6 replies – 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
      Plugin SupportRK (@riaanknoetze)
      2 days, 4 hours ago
      Hi there

Just to make sure: Are you attaching images to the product from the WordPress admin area of through the front-end as allowed for through WCFM? If it’s through the front-end, then the developers of WCFM would need to take a closer look into that as that functionality falls outside the core WooCommerce one.

If, however, you’re getting the same behaviour when adding images to a product from the WordPress admin area, the next question is the same one as was asked in the cross-posted Forum:

What role does the non-admin users have?

Thanks!

reef4sale (@reef4sale)
      1 day, 12 hours ago
      Hi RK – both roles have the permission to “Upload Files”. The issue seems to be with the plugin itself as the drag and drop works but the button does not.

Are there any plugins that replace this plugin or is there a way for me to reinstall only the plugin? Keep in mind that this is not the Gallery, this is the loader to attach an image to a product. I have tried other plugins and they only affect the Gallery and the product one continues to use the Classic version.

1 day, 6 hours ago
      I’m still a little confused on where exactly you’re uploading that image – is this in admin or through a front-end UI made possible by WCFM?

Thanks for sharing on the capabilities but I’m looking for the “roles” assigned to that user – is it Shop Manager, Administrator or some other role made possible by WCFM?

reef4sale (@reef4sale)
      23 hours, 6 minutes ago
      Hi RK, thank you for the clarification of what you needed.

The role in WCFM is a Shop Manager and I am using the WCFM Ultimate Front End Manager.

“Upload Files” is one of the permissions that is enabled for the Shop Manager.

reef4sale (@reef4sale)
      15 hours, 9 minutes ago
      Can someone tell me if this is a WordPress issue or a WCFM issue?

5 hours, 10 minutes ago
      All good – thanks for you patience in sharing that info.

Can someone tell me if this is a WordPress issue or a WCFM issue?

That’s a tough one to answer as we don’t have direct access to their plugins to test with. One way for you to isolate whether it’s a WCFM issue or WooCommerce is to check whether image uploads work as expected when creating products as per normal in the WordPress admin area (while logged in as an admin).

If the issue *only* shows up on the front-end, it’s a WCFM issue 🙂

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Bradley Fox
      Participant

Still broken – can someone help me please?

kavindu.wick
      Participant

Hello there,

I had a similar issue. In my case, it was a CSS minification issue. I set a rule not to minify the affected pages. It worked. Maybe it might help you. I’m not sure though

Bradley Fox
      Participant

WCLOVERS helped me out on resolving this. It looks like a caching issue and for the most part, its resolved through changing the WordPress cache setting to “0”.

Any issues that I am still having seem to be be browser related – Chrome works but Edge doesn’t.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.